twenty three

I woke up snuggled into Minho. My face was pressed to his torso, breathing in his addicting scent. He smelled like comfort, I could say.

Minho had this nice fragrance, somewhere between sweet and floral. Honey would be the perfect word to describe his aroma. Though it was just a little bit minty as well?

It was still dark outside. Must be around six.

He was peacefully sleeping, his hand resting on my body while his fingers from the other hand were tangled in my hair. I wasn't sure how this happened, we went to sleep at a convenient distance.

I didn't mind it though. His body radiated heat, he was warm and I liked that. I felt secure.

Why did I even wake up?

I looked around the room and realized the TV had turned off. It had to be on every single second of the night for me to have a good sleep for some reason.

The remote was on the nightstand. Probably Minho noticed it was still playing music and turned it off. I climbed over the sleeping dude beside me and quickly took the object, whispering some curses to myself.

I pray nothing would come and get me from under the bed— I often thought like that. Especially when it was all dark, like right now.

No matter what period of the day was it, whenever I felt like sleeping the slowed tune just had to be on otherwise I wouldn't be able to doze off.

I sighed in content as the soft and ballad-like melody started playing. I slowly turned back to face the bed, only to realise that I somehow had to get back into my previous position without disturbing the older's sleep. I shut my eyes in annoyance, letting another profanity slip out.

Okay, Jisung, you got this.

Trying to make as little noise as possible, I quickly but carefully tried climbing into the bed. I ended up flopping down with an 'oumf' sound making its way out of my heart-shaped lips.

Good job, Jisung!

To make matters worse, I felt the older stir in his sleep whilst murmuring my name. I shifted my gaze from my lap to Minho only to find him staring at me with his eyes wide open, his brunette hair slightly covering half of his face.

"Holy fu-" I started but got interrupted as Minho squished me down and wrapped his arms around me just like before.

"Minho?"

No response. After a long minute I started hearing soft snores behind me.

That works too, I guess. 

I was too tired to comprehend what was happening. I had just woken up after about three hours of sleeping, all confused so I decided to sleep more. Maybe forever if possible.

Now our legs were tangled as well and I knew better than to escape his strong grip. With the lack of energy I had, it would only result in the brunette awakening.

I quickly fell asleep snuggling onto Minho's beating chest, trapped by the arms of my best friend. I felt comfy and wanted to never get up again.

  ★

When morning arose, the sun light was darting through the window, heating up my skin. The birds were chirping, the dogs were barking and cars were honking. It was a normal day, a Tuesday. Or was it?

Definitely not. Minho was holding onto me, unknowingly. He was most likely asleep, unaware of the position we were in.

His arms were strongly holding me as our legs were still tangled. My head was resting on his chest, right above his heart. It was beating, thankfully.