twenty seven

An hour and a half passed. Minho was stuck in there for thirty more minutes with that person.

What happened? How did it all start? I asked myself while sitting down on the ground in front of the detention door.

"You're so miserable, that's disgusting." a guy said, looking down at my arms.

"Sorry?"

"You're cutting yourself for what, attention? Do your parents not give it to you?"

"Are you that love deprived? You think you're so good that you created barcodes on your arms just so you could show the world how expensive and superior you are?"

"You're so lame!"

"Fuck off!" I said as I got a boost of confidence out of nowhere.

His words stuck with me. They kept on replaying in my head, again and again. There was no way to escape them now.

"Did you fail to end your life too?"

"How is that any of your business?"

"It's not, I wouldn't give a fuck if you killed yourself, but it's embarrassing."

He angered me. I had no idea who he was or what his concerns were but I felt upset. The black-haired boy was definitely not in his right mind— his eyes were dull and dark.

"Do you feel better about yourself when you try to put others down? Are you that unhappy?" a voice so familiar said, coming into the school bathroom.

"No, I'm just speaking facts." he shrugged it off, acting like all the stuff he was saying was normal.

"Grow the fuck up. I feel sorry for your parents." he said, scoffing.

Minho stood up for me.

"Who even are you? Mind your own business." the bully said, rolling his eyes.

"I'm his friend, something you'll never have." with that, Minho grabbed my hand and dragged me around the school, up to the rooftop.

Whisper shouting, I scolded him. "Minho, you'll get in trouble. It's not worth it, not for me. I can stand up for myself too!"

"I'll protect you, alright? How could I stay silent while you get degraded like that? How, Jisung?"

I almost teared up. Probably because of his words, but what that stranger said affected me more than it should have.

"Sung, you're more than your scars. Believe me." Minho said as he still hold onto my hand, squeezing it in the process.

Then the principal came by and took him into the office with the other boy. I was told to wait even though this whole conflict happened because of me.

After about ten minutes Minho left the room and told me he got detention for, apparently, hitting the guy. That never even happened, it was unfair!

So here I stood now, waiting for Minho's detention to end any minute now. I overthought the whole thing too many times, I wasn't sure why he had to get involved, why the guy attacked me like that or why he got detention.

As I got up I noticed the door opening, meaning we could leave.

"I'm sorry Minho, I tried telling the principal it was my fault but he-" I started but he interrupted me mid-sentence.

"Jisung, calm down, It's not your fault." Minho reassured me. "Really, it's okay."

We packed our stuff and headed outside.

I messaged my manager and told her I won't be able to make it to work this week due to medical reasons. She understood straight away.

"Wait right here, I have to go somewhere." Minho said as he entered the café beside our college.

I waited for what felt like five minutes, staring at the cars passing driven by the parents picking up their loved children.

"I'm back. I got us something." he spoke and gave me a drink.

"You didn't have to!"

"Save it. Let's go to the park."

I knew exactly what he was talking about. That park. It held a nice place in my heart. I enjoyed spending my time there, especially watching the train pass by every day at the same hours.

We shortly arrived there and sat down under a tree, probably the same spot we befriended each other.

"I bought cheesecake too. I know you enjoy it."

I felt happy, so happy I found someone like this. He really was the best thing that happened to me.

Timidly, I thanked him from the bottom of my heart and devoured the cake. I was really hungry since I spent the whole lunch break fighting that dude. Well, not me. Watching Minho go off at him.

"This feels nice." I said, resting my head on Minho's shoulder. That was something I did with people I was close to. It also happened with Felix, it was a habit.

"It does, I wish we could stay here together, forever."

"Just me and you?"

"And my cats." Minho added.

"And Bbama!" I scoffed. How could he forget Bbama?

"You're right, I deeply apologize." he said in a mocking voice.

I rolled my eyes and straightened my posture, getting up from the ground.

"I have to get home. It's already five, my brother might question me when I arrive."

Minho understood and sat up. He lived nearby so we parted ways quicker than I wanted to.

I reached my home, not before stopping by the convenience store to buy some ice cream. It was my new obsession— sitting in bed, watching anime while eating ice cream.

"Brother, I'm home!" I yelled out, letting him know it was me.

He wasn't in the kitchen or in the living room. The bathroom door downstairs was also open.

He must be in his room.

I let it be and headed up to my own room, to do my homework. It was around six when I decided to take Bbama out, in our garden. I really didn't feel like going out of my property.

Opening the large doors and stepping outside, the dog happily scurried after me. We played in the garden for a bit and I even taught him some easy tricks such as sitting and laying down.

"Bbama, get the stick!" I said as I threw a stick at the end of the garden waiting for Bbama to run after it. He did it so I praised him.

"Who's my good boy? You are! Good job, you're such a good dog! Oh, I love you!" I honoured and gave him a treat.

"Shall we go inside now? I still have to finish something."

I spoke to the dog as if it could understand what I was saying. We entered the home and I gave him some more food as a treat.

After I finished all my schoolwork and headed to the bathroom, I started getting ready to rest. This day was rough. 

Maybe people at this college weren't as nice as I thought. Surely, a few people being mean doesn't mean everyone else is so I shouldn't be judging just now.

I thought the girl was nice but she was just using me to get close to Hyunjin. A dumb move, though. Me and him are nowhere close.

Why didn't she just ask Minho? Isn't the said boy his best friend? And he's really nice and approachable. Minho had helped me a lot these days, honestly.

Are we getting close too fast? I didn't know the answer to that question yet.

Shaking my head, I turned the TV on and listened to some music till I finally fell asleep.