12 (Bolt)

Congratulations to the new licensed teachers here in the Philippines. I hope you will have Jesus Christ as your standard of teaching. Go teach and inspire and don't hesitate to change the world.

"I'm on my way," I say to Brad who is on the line. I look at the road ahead of me which is the perfect description of what life is. The road is now enveloped by darkness caused by a natural phenomenon called night. But there's hope amidst this darkness. I could see light coming from the post light on the streets and from the building on the sides, I could hear voices from the street vendors and the buzzing sound of vehicles. All of these lightening and sounds create a lively atmosphere which I consider as hope. In life, darkness is necessary to notice that hope does exist.

One week had passed since my meeting with Nerdine and I decided to find another architect. My dad went hysteric when he knew that Cylent Villaforte is not the architect of our family's dream project.

I am on my way to Brad's Secret Place, a famous bar owned by my best buddy since childhood. As much as possible, I want to stay away from home. I groan and spank the steering wheel as I remember my argument with Dad.

"You can't get one woman's agreement!'" My dad shouts.

"Dad, she's asking too much. She wants me to marry her and I can't," I say calmly because I fear that Dad will have a heart attack soon. 

"Then marry her!" He shrieks with fiery eyes.

"My life doesn't really matter to you, does it? All you care about is your business," I say as my throat hurts because the memories of being an ignored child floods again.

"Cut me with your dramas. This project is your grandfather's dream and mine. We are just one step away from achieving it, Cylent is the only  and the best person for this. No one else is like her," he says as he sits in his library. 

"Dad," I say soothingly.

"Get out. There's nothing more you can say that will make me believe that you are really capable of managing Augusto Group of Companies. You already failed me and your grandfather." He replies before he turns his swivel chair to face the wall.

I stare at his back and realize that my efforts are all useless. I have spent my life in making my father proud but in the end he never is and never will. This is all because of that nerd. I hate her. She and her selfish condition ruin my relationship with my father and have ruined my chance to prove to my Dad that I can do well in business.

I arrive in Brad's bar and enter. A chic waitress welcomes me and leads me to where my friends are.

"Long time no see," Cash shouts as he jumps and grasps my head for a headlock.

I nearly lost my balance because Cash is taller than me. Shit. His headlock is tight. If given a chance I like to kill Cash Figuron even if we are childhood friends.

I breathe then untangle Cash's arm from my head and swirl it until he says

"Ouch! You are hurting your bestfriend," the stupid Cash mutters.

"Both of you stop!" Brad's domineering tone makes us to look up only to be hit on the head by his big palm. Seriously? Why are my friends so violent? We are not members of gang but we like to hurt one another physically. To us, it's our way we say I miss you buddy.

"It looks like my buddies did not have sex for a long time," Zack says whom I just noticed now. We grow up together but have only heard Zack talks a few times. Back then, the guys and the girls that we hang out with always mistook Zack as deaf mute because he never speaks. He will just ignore us while we're busy flirting if not making out.