the wedding of the doctor | 13th doctor

the doctor beamed as she stood in her white pantsuit facing the group of people gathered

the doctor beamed as she stood in her white pantsuit facing the group of people gathered. it was a very special day, although the doctor had been married before.

(y/n) walked down the isle wearing a stunning princess gown. both the doctor and her future wife wore something bright orange in color.

for (y/n), it was an orange flower in her updo, as well as a sash that featured orange crystals. the doctor wore a pair of orange checkered vans and a bright orange flower pin on her chest to match the one in (y/n)'s hair.

the orange was something that was a gallifreyan tradition. their weddings on gallifrey looked a little different than they did on earth, and the doctor had wanted to incorporate some of their ancient traditions.

"you look beautiful." the doctor whispered as (y/n) took her place in front of the doctor. (y/n) beamed.

"you may be seated." (y/n) looked out at the audience.

in the back row, the doctors first twelve incarnations sat in numerical order, the doctor had preserved them in holograms she kept in case she ever needed her old selves.

time lords often married multiple times over the course of their many lives. the concept of 'the love of one's life' did not exist, merely because they had so many lives. so while time lords did sometimes have a love of one life, they often had what was referred to as 'a love of all ages', which referred to a partner that was kept over as many lifetimes as possible.

it was tradition, when marrying your love of all ages as a time lord, to honor all your prior selves on the day of the wedding. the doctor thought there was no better way to honor that tradition then by using the holograms so all her previous selves could attend.

the next three rows consisted of (y/n)'s family and friends, as well as some of the doctors friends such as jenny and vastra, even strax.

the first row included some other holograms, companions from the doctors past. on the right sat dan lewis, yasmin khan, captain jack harkness graham obrien, ryan sinclair, nardole and bill potts. they all clapped. the left row held amelia pond, rory williams, donna noble, martha jones, mickey smith, and the one and only rose tyler.

even though most of them were holograms, they all clapped happily for the doctor. the only companions who were able to actually make it to the wedding in person were dan, yaz, graham, ryan, martha, mickey and captain jack.

"you may now kiss the bride. i now pronounce you wife and wife." the doctor leaned in and pressed a kiss to her now wife.

"in honor of the ancient time lord tradition, we will start the reception by giving the doctor and her wife a private moment to share regeneration energy." (y/n) and the doctor were ushered into a room.

"(y/n), if you don't want to do this you don't have too." the doctor looked deeply into her partners eyes.

"doctor, i want to." (y/n) took a deep breath. "i'm ready."

if (y/n) wasn't receptive of it, the regeneration energy would hurt. it wasn't like the doctor was forcing her to regenerate, but taking on regeneration energy was harsh.

if she wasn't properly prepared, it would start to be painful until it settled into her system.

"ok, here goes." the doctor closed her eyes to concentrate. there was a faint yellow glow that came from the doctors hands, and she reached out to take (y/n)'s in hers.

(y/n) took a deep breath and relaxed her shoulders.

"just breath love." the doctor reminded her as she made contact with the regeneration energy. (y/n) let out another breath as she felt a warmth take over her system. "it'll feel a bit warm. let it happen."

after a few minutes of basking in the warmth and just how much (y/n) loved her now wife, the feeling faded and she opened her eyes.

"you did it my love. we shared regeneration energy." the doctor chuckled. "usually, we'd exchange it instead of just me giving it to you."

the doctor placed her hand on (y/n)'s cheek.

"i love you much."

"i love you too. forever, my doctor." with her statement hanging in the air, the true meaning understood by both, they kissed once again.