care for you | 13th doctor

"DOCTOR!" (y/n) screamed as the doctor keeled over

"DOCTOR!" (y/n) screamed as the doctor keeled over. (y/n) rushed to her side immediately, like she had the first time it happened.

she was there before the others had even registered something was wrong.

"i'm alright." the doctor grasped onto (y/n)'s hand. "i'm alright."

"doctor, no you're not. you've keeled over twice now. what's wrong?" (y/n) began tearing up. "and don't lie to me. because i know you doctor, i know you."

the doctor's eyes met (y/n)'s and the (y/h/c) saw the vulnerability in the blonde's eyes. (y/n)'s heart sped up at how much she loved those eyes.

"doc are you alright?" graham cried, snapping (y/n) out of her thoughts. (y/n) let out a shaky sigh and wiped the few tears that had fallen quickly.

"i'm fine." she stood up. "(y/n), look at me. i'm fine."

(y/n) looked into the doctor's eyes again. her eyes held a look, one she recognized well.

'i'll tell you later.' the doctor mouthed discreetly. she nodded and (y/n) relaxed a bit.

she was worried. the time lord that stood in front of her had been known to neglect her own needs in favor of other peoples time and time again, and (y/n) couldn't bare to watch it happen. she'd been traveling with the doctor for ages, long before she was a woman.

later couldn't come fast enough, and time sure dragged on when (y/n) was trying to act engaged until she could get the doctor alone. when she finally did, they were both out of breath.

"alright, it's later." (y/n) grunted out through her pants. "spill it. what's going on, doctor? why are you keeling over."

"i'm sorry. i don't want to alarm the others, but (y/n) there are other aliens here. i saw them. like they were being, sort of, broadcast in my mind. they didn't look human, and i bet they have something to do with the partition." the doctor sucked in a breath. "i don't want to get involved because it's yaz's personal timeline, and let's face it, the universe would be a cold, dark place without yaz. but (y/n), i think it has to do with why her nanny is marrying a man who isn't her grandad."

(y/n) tried not to focus on the words. 'the universe would be a cold, dark place without yaz.' they weren't the point of their talk, and the statement was true. so why did it hurt (y/n) so much to hear her say?

"doctor, if there's aliens in pakistan, we've got bigger problems than yaz's timeline. we've crossed our own timelines before, as long as we can keep her out of it, we can save her." (y/n)'s voice broke. yaz was her best friend, the thought of losing her was to much.

"we will save her, i won't let anything happen to her." the doctor declared. although (y/n) agreed with the sentiment, she wilted slightly at the look in the doctor's eyes when she spoke of yaz.

it was something she had noticed before, the way the doctor seemed slightly more protective of their dark haired companion, and it broke her heart every time.