rose tyler | 13th doctor

(y/n) (y/l/n) had been traveling with the doctor for ages

(y/n) (y/l/n) had been traveling with the doctor for ages. being part time lord allowed for that to happen, she couldn't change her face but she had her own form of regeneration she could do in times of crisis.

(y/n) had seen many of the doctors faces, she had been traveling with him since well before the war after all. she had seen the man he became after the war, neither of them being able to remember that they had saved gallifrey instead of burnt it.

she was with him while he became the man who regrets, and afterwards the man who forgets, always running from what he did. she was there when his three timelines crossed, and hers as well. her face had been the same in all three occasions. three times she had watched him save gallifrey and only once could they remember it.

she was with him when he got old and when he turned into a woman for the first time ever. often times the doctor as a woman would need help with things she had never considered before hand.

in all that time she had met many companions. ryan, yaz, dan, graham, donna, amy, martha, and more. but there was one companion in particular that she hadn't seen in a while, and it was eating at her.

(y/n) had had enough of watching the doctor lead on poor yaz knowing that at night, the doctor was still crying for rose.

and as much as it pained (y/n) that it would always be someone else, rose, yaz didn't deserve to be the backup option.

"doctor can we talk?" (y/n) asked. the doctor's head shot up from the center console.

"of course. you alright?"

"yeah i'm fine." (y/n) sighed. "actually i'm not fine. doctor, why are you leading yaz on? you know she has feelings for you."

the doctor froze.

"what?"

"you know she has feelings for you. but you know full well you can't return those feelings doctor. there have been so many nights i've heard you crying, still after all this time, over rose." the doctors head snapped forwards. "i know you don't think i can hear you when you cry, but i always hear you doctor. it's not fair to yaz. and it's not fair to rose, even though she's gone. you can't just forget her like that."

"(y/n) as long as you and i both live i will never forget rose tyler. she saved us both after the time war." her voice was softer than usual. "but she's happy. she's with a human version of me, one that she can be with forever, her forever."

"i know. but you can't allow yourself to hurt yaz just to try to get over rose." (y/n) explained. "i know it hurts. believe me, of everyone we've travelled with since i met you on gallifrey all those centuries ago, i know how special she was."

"(y/n)-"

she kept going.

"rose was my best friend, and not a day goes by when i don't think about her. i'm not saying you need to stop thinking or talking about her, or even move on from her. but you can't let yaz believe she has a chance."