broken pieces | mia selva

this will be more then likely my only mia selva one shot

this will be more then likely my only mia selva one shot. i watched a thousand kisses deep and just love how her character develops strength throughout. i wanted to show that somewhat:)))

"mia?" (y/n) called lightly as she walked through the doors of the apartment she had grown to love. "mia? are you in there?"

there was no response. (y/n) didn't expect to hear a response, but it still made her nervous.

"mia? it's me, love. i brought chinese." no answer. "your favorite, pork fried rice and a veggie egg roll."

this time, (y/n) heard a slight sniffle.

"oh, mia." (y/n) dropped the chinese food on the couch and rushed into mia's bedroom. "i'm here love."

mia shook her head as (y/n) crawled into the brunette girls bed with her. the tears streaming down her face couldn't be hidden, and (y/n) felt her heart absolutely shatter.

"don't. i don't want you to see me like this." mia sniffled. "i'm not all done up."

(y/n) chuckled.

"mia, love, i don't care about that." (y/n) scooted a tad bit closer to the distressed girl. "you're always the most beautiful girl in the world to me. no matter what you look like."

mia sniffled.

"you can't mean that. you're just saying that because you have to." mia sniffled. "it's your job."

"it may be my job, but only because i chose for it to be. i want to be the one to tell you that you're beautiful. i want to be the only one who gets to see you at your worst and hold you and tell you just how gorgeous you are even when you have tears falling down your face." (y/n) pulled mia in close to her. "so yes, maybe it is my job to say that to you. but it's my job because i want it to be. because i chose to be the one to love you completely, and telling you how beautiful you look, even when you're crying, though it breaks my heart when you cry, is my favorite part of the job."

mia took in a shaky breath.

"i'm sorry." mia whimpered. "it would've been his birthday today."

(y/n) froze. no wonder her beautiful girlfriend had no self esteem, she was stuck thinking continuously about the man who abused her for so long.

"he was right." she whispered. "i don't deserve anything. especially not you. you're so good to me and i just sit here and cry."

"no." (y/n) pushed mia's hair out of her face. "don't you dare say that. don't you dare speak about my girl that way. she's perfect, she's an angel. she makes me the happiest person in the world every single day just by existing. she makes my heart flutter with every breath she takes and i don't care if she feels like the worst person in the world, i will always be there for her."

mia looked at (y/n) in awe.

"you really mean that, don't you? you really feel those things for me?"

"of course i do." (y/n) rubbed an arm up mia's spine and took pleasure at the small shiver mia gave. "i never want to put any pressure on you mia, so please don't feel that way, i know you're not ready and that's ok, that all the time you need. but i love you, you're everything to me."

mia began crying once again.

"oh gosh, i'm sorry, i never meant to upset you love, i don't want you to feel like you owe me anything at all because you don't. we're taking things as slow as you want to, you can back out any time." (y/n) rushed to explain. "i just wanted you to know. i hate seeing you hurt, it hurts me."

mia shook her head.

"these are happy tears." she whimpered. "i-i love you too."

(y/n)'s heart felt like it could burst.

'she loves me. she actually loves me.' ran through her head dozens of times.

"you do?" (y/n) whispered in response. mia nodded, smiling through her tears.

"yeah. i'm scared, (y/n). i don't wanna hurt you and i was scared that you'd hurt me like he did. but i know you would never hurt me. i just, i didn't want to mess this up. i never want you to stop loving me because i'm damaged." mia trailed off. "i want to be with you. forever."

(y/n) let out a shaky breath.

"oh mia. i'd love nothing more. i'll always want to be with you. you mean everything to me, princess." (y/n) placed her hand on mia's cheek. "w-would it be alright if i-if i kissed you?"

they'd kissed plenty of times before. there had been plenty of times where they'd shared loving and tender kisses, but also hot and heavy kisses.

this was different.

mia nodded.

"will you?" she whispered. (y/n) didn't wait to press her lips tenderly to the beautiful brunette. "that-that was amazing."

"yeah." (y/n) pulled her in and squeezed the beautiful girl tightly. "you're the best thing that's ever happened to me, mia selva."

"i'm still broken, (y/n). i can't be the perfect girlfriend you deserve." (y/n)'s heart jumped hearing mia refer to herself as her girlfriend.

"i don't care how broken you think you are. you're my angel, and if you're broken, then i'm here to pick up the broken pieces." mia relaxed. "i've got you mia. always and forever. we're all broken in some way. loving each other means we accept that, broken pieces and all."

"broken pieces and all." mia chuckled. "gosh i love you more than anything in the world, (y/n)."

(y/n) felt at peace.

and for once in her life, so did mia.