[C1:SR] Familiar Faces

PROTAGONIST:
Zulio Lumo Cottonsworth

The aftermath of the howl radiates throughout the canines

The aftermath of the howl radiates throughout the canines. Zulio had noticed a few of the cat's looking at each other and back at the dogs with interest. It seems that one thing that will become clear with time is the difference in cultures between the two societies.

The cat now known as Coco continues to explain some things along with Gingers and Mittens. They explain how everyone was turned into zombies and sent after them as the a scheme from the murderer, know known as Patches Ito as exclaimed from Angel grimalkin. There is a deep feeling of spite from the fluffy cats voice, understandably from the horrors he and his friends were out through. However at the end they talk about how exactly they were revived. More importantly... that it was Patches who summoned Bapawment to heal everyone, including Angel. This makes a lot of dogs confused at what to do. I mean how exactly does the law work in this situation? Is patches and coco still guilty since they killed? Or would it not matter anymore considering everyone is back alive? Not to mention the whole colliding of society's and all the work surrounding that.

It's far more than Zulio actually cares about however. As more importantly he feels a tap on his shoulder along with a familiar voice. He turns around to finally see some familiar faces. His friends.

A Dalmatian was the one who tapped on his shoulder, Zulio recognized his best Friend Maxwell immediately

A Dalmatian was the one who tapped on his shoulder, Zulio recognized his best Friend Maxwell immediately. He has a rather clean uniform but he can clearly tell that it's a size or two too big, likely one of the extra uniforms that were passed out. He bares a large scratch mark across his face. Behind him the xolo sees Dusk, a chihuahua, with dried blood across his jawline. Zulio doesn't need to know much to guess how he died. Behind the small dog is finally Dawn, a albino Malamute. Her dress uniform is worn and torn, and her hair is matted with dried blood clearly visible against her white pelt. However from the lack of other wounds, he had guessed that blunt trauma was her fate.
The sight of his friends so damaged makes his heart ache. While Zu might not be that expressive, he most certainly does still care a lot about them.

"Hey...  Zu... you okay?" Maxwell says in a concerned yet clearly tired voice. Despite being "asleep" for a while, he is clearly still exhausted.

"Clearly better than you all..." Zulio says attempting to lighten the situation up with some humor... it did not work...

"Heh you can say that again..." Max says forcing a light chuckle out. This is clearly uncomfortable for us all...

"Well that didn't have the intended effect... but still. It's really nice to see you all again." Zu says.

"Oh most definitely... Max was worried that you had gotten lost!" Dusk says in a forced positive light. He's clutching his head and jaw. It's likely still sore, Not to mention he seems to be having slight trouble moving his jaw. It will hopefully pass and get better with time.

"Oh well I kinda did? I think? At least my undead self did seeing as I woke up far from all y'all." Zulio replies he is happy that Max was worried about him, he's always been a bit protective.

"W-Well... at least your safe now..." Dawn speaks in a quiet yet caring way. She's clearly not liking how much the blood is highlighted on her fur, she's always hated how much her albinism makes her stand out.

"So..." he turns to look at the crowd and cats, "I what do y'all think of all this?... the cat part specifically. We all know about the other part..."

"I'm not convinced." Maxwell says glaring at the grimalkins.

"I think they are using us for their benefit! What that is? I have no clue. But it's probably something nasty!" Dusk speaks, his usual pride and personality is already starting to fade back in.

"I-I want to believe them... it's a nice th-thought! But I'm just unsure of how to pr-proceed or anything...." Dawn says while attempting to get the blood out of her dirty hair... it has little effectiveness.

"What about you Zu?" they all say at the same time, earning a much appreciated chuckle from each other.

"Hmmm.... Unsure at the moment. As far as I know this could be some sort of trick to kill us all again... however... I'm willing to give it a shot." Zulio states. He doesn't trust the cats yet. But if it is Pawsible... who is he to disagree?
...
There was a little moment of silence before Maxwell speaks.
"Really Zu? After everything... your still willing to give them a chance?"

"Yea... it might be stupid I know.... But... I got a good feeling about this. Not to mention that they gave us a chance. So the least we can do is return the favor." The hairless dog  replies to his friend's concern.
Even if it was meant to fail... they still kept their word. That is respectable I suppose... Zulio thinks to himself.

"Ill believe it when I see it! From what I've been told cats are nothing but trouble! Your living proof of that Zu!" Dusk says before getting a bark of annoyance from Maxwell. "What?"

"... you numbskull! That's insensitive!" Max says, annoyed by the chihuahua.
"WHAT DO YA MEAN NUMBSKU—" the Chihuahua is interrupted by Dawn giving him a nudge and staring at him sternly. ".... Fine..." he finally says.
The chihuahua lowers his head and gives a apology to Zulio. "Sorry Zu for bring up past trauma... even if it was cool origin story in my opinion...."

"It's.. fine... Sandy-"
"I Told y'all not call me that!" The chihuahua says  annoyed and embarrassed at the mention of his real name.

They all chuckle profusely at Dusk's predicament, until eventually Dusk joins in as well.
After the laught dies down the group looks around as it's getting darker out.
"So what we do now?" Dusk says.
"I guess we go home?" Maxwell answers.
"Y-yeah... our parents are not going to believe this likely..." Dawn says shyly.
"Ooh no! Ma must be worried sick! Let's go Dawn!" And like that the pair are off. Well more specifically Dusk is off while Dawn follows behind him.

"Well I guess this is it. See you tomorrow pal?"
"Of course Max. You know my door is always open. And let's have band practice soon ok?"
"You read my mind! And tell old uncle Cooper I said hi!" The Dalmatian says as he heads towards his house.

...
"Man... I wonder how dads been? He must have blamed himself... I have to make sure he's okay!"
And just like that Zulio is off. Fueled by new determination and worry as he heads towards the Cottons worth residence...

His home...