[C2:R] a nice chat in the park

PROTAGONISTS:
Zulio Limo Cottonsworth

PROTAGONISTS: Zulio Limo Cottonsworth

———

The xolo walks into the park feeling rather neutral. He's not particularly sad or angry about current events, just interested in the outcome.

The park is rather full of dogs currently. Some are practicing their sports while others are simply playing, it's nice seeing things continue like normal. He notices a familiar husky with a even more familiar bloodhound.

"Ginger? What are you doing here?" Zulio asks her with a quizzed look.

"Huh? Oh hi Zu. I was just chatting with sparky here..." she says shyly.

"Well it seems your shyness is back! Probably a good sign that you actually slept well after the revival." He says with a more positive tone.

"Oh you have no idea... I practically was about to pass out at the wichiens mansion..." the bloodhound replied.

"Wait... the what?" Zu is now curious...

"Oh? Haven't you heard! Ginger
Has cat blood in her!" The Husky says after throwing a ball towards a Terrier named Rover.

"Well... that explains some things... we're more alike than we thought aren't we then?" He says forcing a joke about his past. He doesn't remember much about his father, only that he was a cat.

"Heh... I guess you could say that... but ya the wichien siblings have introduced me to their family... and I showed them my power...." Gingers looks to the side before combining with her hair with her paw...

"And?" The xolo is very curious now...

"Well... they were amazed! They said they've never seen a living creature with such magic before... and they welcomed me into their home...  but..." her face darkened.

"But what?" He says preparing for bad news...

"..."

"Ginger speak up please..." sparky says as he puts a paw on her shoulder.

"I just feel like more of a talking peace than anything... like they don't care who I am rather than what I am... least Mitt and Wisk are nice..." she says sadly...

"Oh dear.. you don't deserve that. You've been nothing but nice and peaceful! Who cares about your powers! They should treat you like one of their own... not like a trophy." Zulio growls slightly. He has known Ginger for a good chunk of his life... ever since the orphanage she's been a close friend of his, hell she's known him even longer than some of his friends!

"Oh... about that...." Ginger and sparky are slightly uncomfortable, they both know that ginger is not as innocent as the xolo says...

"Any ways... I saw that cat, whisk? Was it? Talking to Ito at the cafe. Any ideas bout that?" Zulio says attempting to change the subject.

"Oh.. I heard Mitt says that they were gonna talk about his involvement with Bawpawment over some tea..." Ginger says, positivity starting to come back.

"Oh really? Well that's nice I guess..." Zu says. He's still rather curious about the primordial god... but that's a can of worms for another time.

———
They continue to chat for a moment, before Sparky invites Zulio to a game of fetch. Zulio is not impressed.

"Ya no thank you... I'm not really a sporty dog. Perhaps you could get Max or Dusk to play." Zu declines the husky's offer.

"You mean that Patches lookalike?" Sparky says curiously.

"HAH!!! Oh my dog! I'm absolutely using that now! Oh if Maxwell heard that he'd strangle you!" Zulio continues to laugh heavily while Ginger giggles at Sparky's confusion.

"Who looks like me?" A Dalmatian with gull grey eyes steps up. A little red mutt follows him.

"Oh hey patches! I was talking about your clone. Maxwell? I think his name was?" Sparky says as the two come up to the bench they are at. Earning another laugh from Zu as he regains his composure.

"O-oh! The d-dalmatian with y-yellow eyes?" Olive speaks up happily.

"Yea that's him..." Ginger says as Zu takes a deep breath.

"That guy? I don't see it." Patches says unimpressed.

"Oh my dog... I needed that. Anyways........ oh. It's you..."  Zulio says as he realizes whose in front of him... the dog that killed me.

"Oh hello. I believe it was Zulio? You remember me? Gave you Felix's wand? Fixed you?" The Dalmatian says, sarcasm laying under ever other word.

"The one who killed me...." Zu says. Slight aggression emanating from him. The others flinch at his words.

"B-but Patchie is a g-good dog now!" The mutt says trying to de-escalate the situation.

"..." patches is silent. Tensions are rising.
...
...
...
Until finally...
"Look... im sorry. Ok? You happy? (Even if you literally asked for it....)" patches says in a low tone. Just barely audible to Zulio.

...

"I guess..." Zu responded. He's currently observing the Dalmatian. His face looks trustful enough... and he doesn't detect any signs of lying, Only truth.... So he'll believe him.

A sigh of relief goes through the group. Crisis adverted.
—————

The dogs talk for a bit. Zu keeps a eye on patches but mostly just talks with Ginger.

Eventually however, the xolo's phone goes off.

"Oh that my alarm. I got to bounce... have a good day y'all!" He waved goodbye to the group before turning and heading back home.

Practice should be starting soon...