[CHAPTER TWO: RECOVERY] the day after and coffee~

PROTAGONISTS:
Zulio Limo Cottonsworth

Made by gorod grovi#9479 on discord ^w^———

———

Approximately three days have passed since our revival, and things have gotten quite hectic to say the least. Multiple news reports and such have come in for this supposed "miracle" as they put it. And some canine officials have come to negotiate with some feline officials about cross interactions between the society's. There is currently a large discussion on social media about how this all should work while some dogs are still outraged by the grimalkins behavior, however apparently the wichiens are protecting her from all legal action against her. Safe to say... things are changing.

But currently, Zulio is grabbing a snack at the local cafe called the Frosty Akita. He walks on in after narrowly avoiding a horde of reporters flagging down students for interviews. He goes up to the cashier, a rather kind and timid husky named Azzula. She seems rather nervous, even more than usual anyway...
"Hey Azz. The usual please." He says calmly in his favorite leather jacket, it's getting cold now after Halloween. Soon winter will be upon Kemono, and the usual blizzards that come with it. Kemono has really unpredictable weather...

"Oh H-hey Zu! A vanilla Carmel pupachino correct?" She asks shyly. Despite being a recent graduate from Hackico, she still feels terrible about what happened at the massacre.

"Correct. And what's got your tail so low today?" Zulio asks curious, yet Still having his usual monotone expression.

"Them..." she gestured to a table in the back of the establishment. He turns around and sees none other than Whiskers Wichien and Patches Ito at the table. They seem to be having "friendly and totally not awkward conversation" about something. Nevertheless, it has peaked his curiosity. So he decided to sit somewhat near but closer too a Mame Shiba in a white hoodie and a golden retriever with visible scars on their head. They are a little small. About that red mutts size, tho they are slightly taller. He sits a table behind them and listens to their conversation....

"Have you heard the news? Apparently the Alpha is coming down sometime soon to look at the hachiko situation, And for some diplomacy between the cats." The retriever (he thinks) says. however Zu notices their voice sounds... off, in a way he can't quite describe.

"Eh im not the biggest on politics to be honest, but that's definitely interesting Godfrey. I mean it's not often the Alpha comes down to little towns like Kemono! But what do you think about the whole concept of communion days? I heard that's the current plan for now, to test it out. But then again, there's still lots of other stuff that needs worked out." The mini shiba says. He's seems only partially concentrated on the conversation and more on his coffee.

"Not into politics my ass... you just explained more of what's happening then me! But anyways... I believe it's possible. (Especially since some of those cats were cute...) and how are you not more interested? The literal leader of canines is coming down here and you don't care??? I swear N... your a idiot..." The dog now known as Godfrey replied, clearly annoyed slightly by N's dismissal of the Alpha.

So the Alphas is coming? That's rather big. But then again, everything the Alpha does is big. Least after he was chosen to lead. That Golden Retriever is often idolized as the "purrfect dog" so much so that even wolves wouldn't dare be disrespectful towards, no wonder he's the Alpha... Zulio thought to himself.

"One Vanilla Carmel Pupachino for my favorite Xoloitzcuintli!" Azzula interrupted his thoughts as she brings him his drink.

"I'm pretty sure im the only Xolo you know hehe..." Zulio says as he takes out his wallet to pay.

"Fair point I guess." The husky replies as she takes his money plus a dollar fifty tip. "So how's the band?" She asks to lighten the mood.

"Better, that's for sure. we're planning on having practice later today if you want to watch." The hairless dog offers.

"I can't sadly... got a late shift at the diner tonight..." she says sadly.

"Ah darn. Forgot you had two jobs honestly..." Zu says as he sips on his pupachino. It's delicious.

"Well I'll let you enjoy yourself Zu. If you need anything just bark!" She says as she walks back towards the front desk. Her tail wagging more than it was before he arrived.

He takes another sip Man... nothing can beat a nice pupachino, no matter the weather...

After a moment, the two dogs he was eavesdropping on left. He continues chilling while watching his phone (that he had thankfully left in his locker before the massacre happened.).
It seems social media is on fire again... figures. So he decided to just hum the lyrics of one of his favorite songs.

Eventually the Dalmatian and Siamese cat leave. He heard them muttering something about "same time next week?" "Fine. Not like I'm busy..." the Dalmatian answers the cat as they walk outside.

Ironically. A big sigh of relief seems to sweep through the cafe as the pair leave.

After a little bit. Zulio also goes to leave as he nods towards Azzula as he leaves. He decides to head over to the park for now. As practice isn't till later today.

Man...
Nothing beats a nice coffee to start the day~

[Thank you Godfrey#0575 and
rover_jackson_enthusiast#5313 on discord for allowing me to use their OC's]