15.

3rd Person Omniscient

Zeke rested his head on his arm, looking out the window as he and Mason drove down the highway. They were currently on their way to Virginia after staying in Louisiana for a week. It was a day long trip that was split into two, and they were in the second half of it.

Ezekiel was extremely tired of moving from place to place, but every time he expressed this feeling to Mason, he ended up with a bruise or busted lip. This time he would keep quiet.

Mason had spent his whole life moving around the country, so this was nothing new to him.

From a young age, his mother moved from house to house trying to keep him and his brother out of the streets in their previous areas.

Her efforts were sadly in vain, since both of her sons got involved in drugs and alcohol just as middle schoolers. Mason and Calvin were attached at the hip until highschool, when they both went 2 different ways with their lives.

Mason was always interested in kidnapping and murder. Nobody knew- he made sure to keep his curiosity well hidden. He also knew how to keep his sexuality hidden.

Once they got into their twenties, Calvin was the more levelheaded out of the two. He met a woman in New York and had a baby with her. Mason hated this. He felt like him and his brother should do everything together.

He felt left behind, even though he was younger.
Calvin wanted to desperately be in his baby's life, but his babymama refused. She had a husband- and couldn't risk losing him. He was the only reason she kept a roof over her kids heads. Her daughter, about 7, and her son, who was 16.

Calvin fell into a deep depression after his child was born. He only saw his son once before he let the devil win and took his own life.

Mason held a deep hatred towards his brothers babymama. She was the reason he lost his other half. In order to get his revenge, he planned on kidnapping his nephew.

It took around 3 weeks to plan, Calvin's death still fresh on his mind. He knew the baby was only about six weeks old, which made it way easier.

Since Mason was well known in the New York drug scene, he used his boys to his advantage. He knew that the woman used drugs consistently, and used her plug- her brother, to set up his plan.

First, he had to set up a strong enough lie. He made it seem like Ada owed him money from years ago. Then, he got King, her brother, on board with the entire idea. Mason made King think he wanted kill Ada over drug money.

King didn't want anything to happen to his sister, so he decided to not get involved. Mason started threatening Ada, and she finally complied with him and gave her access to her sons room and gave him the perfect opportunity to take him.

Mason had everything where he wanted it, and waited for a quiet, dark night to steal the innocent 6 week old baby.

Glancing over at Zeke, who was now asleep, he smiled. He couldn't believe everything was working out how he planned 20 years ago.

He got his revenge, his nephew, his son and the partner he always wanted. All in one person.

∾ ∾ ∾

Ayah laid on Cams bed, waiting for him to get out of the shower so they could talk. She just wanted things to go back to normal. It seemed like her life did a 180 in 2 weeks and it was driving her crazy.
She hated not having control.

Cam on the other hand, finally came to terms with this and was excited to be the person Ayah had a baby with.

He walked out of the bathroom, dressed in Nike short sweats and a white t-shirt.
"Whatchu wanna talk 'bout, mamas?"
"Come sit down," she spoke, CJ sat in the space between her legs and Ayah played with his hair.

"I'm thinking about getting an abortion." She said lowly, Cameron's eyebrows immediately furrowed.
"Fuck you mean?"
"I just don't think I'm ready, but I wasn't finna' make any decisions without yo' opinion."

"You ain't doing dat' shit no matter what. Don't play wit' me, Kailana." He grumbled, getting out of the bed. Ayah kissed her teeth.

"You're mad that I asked yo' dumb ass first? I could've just did da' shit and told you after."

"Ima be real witchu', I wanted you to get one, but I've been thinking and I can't bring myself to kill my seed, man. That shit would kill me mentally, I want another chance to be a better dad than I was before. I wanna do this with you, mamas."

She sighed, "Cameron, I understand completely but i just don't know if I'm ready to put my mind and body through this. I'm still having a hard time accepting that I'm pregnant and I'm scared. I'm scared we won't last, I'm scared I'm gonna lose the baby, I'm scared I won't be a good mom-"

"Baby, you overthinking shit too bad. Yes, all of those are possibilities but you living in da' future rather than the present. I'm not leaving you, ever. No matter how shit ends up, I'll always be there for you." He spoke, pulling Ayah into his lap.

"Do you still want to get one? If youn' know, dats' fine. I'll let you think it over and-"
"I don't want one. I wanna keep it." She said, looking up into his eyes. A large smile covered his face and he kissed her deeply.

"CJ,"
"Wassup, beautiful?"
"Are we ever gon' be official? I feel like I'm just yo' sneaky link, and we both too grown fa' that."

"Nah, youn gotta worry bout that. Trust and believe I'm claiming yo' ass. You been mines, i just gotta make it special. You'll see soon."