12.

TO THE HILT
PART ONE
CHAPTER TWELVE

 ANAKIN PULLED THEIR BODIES IN CLOSE

ANAKIN PULLED THEIR BODIES IN CLOSE. They'd danced together before, Leora and Anakin, at Padmé's wedding, but this was something else. Leora could feel his body heat radiating off hers as he moved perfectly in sync with the cheesy pop song blasting though the bar but his eyes never left hers. Leora wasn't going to be the first one to break their gaze and so she stared up at him.

She wondered what her eyes conveyed to him. Leora felt vulnerable in that moment, drunk, happy, and filled with a want to do something she shouldn't. She'd actually wanted to do it for awhile, the difference was tonight her stoic exterior had been eradicated by the after effects from of alcohol overconsumption and the body that was pressed up against hers.

"What are you thinking about, Leora?" His voice is low, deep, but she still hears him over the music.

"I shouldn't say."

"Hmm, I think I might know," he replied, an arrogant smile now on his face. "Perhaps we should leave this place, should we call a speeder?"

Leora nodded. "If I was a betting woman, I would say there's one outside."

Leora was right, there was a speeder outside. Anakin gave her address to the taxi droid and they piled into the back of the speeder as it began to climb to the upper levels. Anxiety began to seep into Leora's brain as they creeped closer and closer to her apartment in the senate building. It only grew as they stood in the turbolift, making the final climb back up to her apartment. Anakin stood with his back against the wall of the lift and Leora stood in front of him. He leaned over her, his head hovering over her shoulder, and his hands were at her waist, playing loosely with the hem of her dress. Leora closed her eyes, basking in his light touch, unsure if she would allow it to go any further. They technically hadn't done anything wrong yet, they hadn't crossed that line. They could keep on with these flirtations, these almosts, as long as they'd like, it was anything more that was the problem.

"What are you thinking about now?" He asked, whispering, intentionally mirroring their previous conversation.

His breath tickled at the nape of her neck, sending a shiver up her spine. "You'll be disappointed."

"I can handle a little disappointment, I assure you."

"I'm pondering the copious amounts of trouble we might find ourselves in if we take this any further than we currently have."

"Ah," said Anakin. "That monotonous stuff."

Leora laughed. "Ah, yes. Getting expelled from the Jedi Order. That monotonous stuff."