Known Secrets

Everett drove to Langely and she gave him directions on a place to go. And he parked by it. "Grab your jacket and come with me. Viktoriya, you come along with us too." She said and got out. Viktoriya looked at Everett with an expression of strong dislike as she slowly handed him his jacket from the back. "I know. She's difficult to deal with. Trust me." He said and nicely took his jacket. "Just stick with me." He told her. "And thank you." He politely added. They got out and she followed Everett. "Okay. You two HAVE to have a close relationship for her to be sticking to your hip." She told him. "We have nothing going on between us." He told her. As they walked on to go inside. "You sure? She might be your new type." Valentina said.  "If it, make you jealous, he new man in my life." Viktoriya said. Valentina looked at her at the doors. Everett looked slightly nervous, but a bit happy and he opened the other door. "Thank you, boyfriend." Viktoriya said and walked in. Everett cleared his throat. "Okay." Valentina said and walked in. Everett followed as he got his jacket on. "You're pretty sparky. For someone who doesn't talk much." Valentina told Viktoriya. They walked upstairs and went to near a doorway. Then Valentina stopped them both, in the hallway. "Now hold on. She can't come in the conference room. She's not official like you and me. So they will not listen if we bring her in." Valentina said. "Fair enough." Everett responded. "But, we don't know anything." Valentina said. "I tell you nothing." Viktoriya told her. "She would...probably tell me. Though. Since I'm her boyfriend now." He told her. "Three minutes." Viktoria told her, forcefully. Then she went to the door and inside, and said hello in a friendly manner. Then closed the door. Everett lead her to a chair and she sat down. "Okay, first of all, it is really fun playing with you. That is...what we're doing. Right? Just playing. Or...did I read that wrong? Am I really your boyfriend now?" He questioned. "No, we play. I do not like her." Viktoriya said. "Yeah, I don't like her too much anymore either." He said. "But what happened?" He asked.

"We race through city, with Riri. We try to escape reds and blues. Then water, launch car and Shuri. We crash. Riri lie on bridge. She not move. I guard her and Okoye fought blue people. They came from water. On whale."
"On a whale?"
"Da. Whale."
"Okay. And what else?"
"And this big man. Large. He wore helmet. Long. Like shark."
She gestured with her hands, it drew out from her head.
"Like...a Hammerhead shark?"
"Da! That's the kind!"
"Okay. And then...?"
"Then he fought Okoye and they make water go boosh!"
She gesture it exploded.
"And Okoye, go over. She went over. And then water goosh!"
She gestured it drenched her.
"And woke Shuri. Shuri told water people to take her. And she turn to me and give me beads and tell me, tell no one but a trustworthy friend, or ally. And then you came to me."
"Oh wow. That was an eventful evening for you. Okay. Sit tight. I'll help get this straightened out. We'll prepare for water people and let them know that it wasn't the Wakandans. Thank you." He told her. "I trust, you." She told him. He looked touched. Then hurried into the Conference room.

She waited for a while as they talked inside, about what occurred. He walked outside of the office and gestured Viktoriya to go with him. She stood and followed him downstairs and out of the building. He took the beads and put them to his cellphone then he called. Viktoriya stood near him. "We have a problem." He said, over the phone. Viktoriya paid close attention, as he told Queen Ramonda about a threat to Wakanda. The President wants to take evasive action against them. Ramonda complied and thanked him for his advanced warning and assured him they will be prepared. He ended the call on a good note. Then he put his phone in his jacket and the beads in his pants pocket. "If he can find the land.". Viktoriya said. "Yeah. Right?" Everett agreed. "Allegra coming." She told him. "So! Having a secret meet up now, lovebirds?" Valentina asked. Everett cleared his throat, then turned to her. "Yes. Do you mind?" He asked her. "A little bit. Are you keeping secrets from me?" She asked. "Just planned a date for tonight." He told her. "He reserve at restaurant." Viktoriya said. "Well, have a nice dinner date!" She said and left to an SUV and got into the back of it. Then it left from them. "Thank God she left now." He said. "Do you, have a place to stay?" He asked. "Not tonight." She said to him. "You can stay at mine. I have a spare room. Come on." He told her. And they left together in his SUV.

They went to his home and inside. "My house is your house. Make yourself comfortable." He welcomed. She looked around and walked around. Examining the place. "Searching for anything? Or just getting to know the layout?" He asked. "Just to know place." She answered. She checked rooms and found his bedroom and the bathroom and a spare bedroom. "Simple." She said and walked back to near him. "I'll order in. Do you like Chinese food?" He asked. "I have never had their food." She said. "You really...you...okay. Then you're experiencing it tonight." He told her. He ordered delivery and they sat down in the living room with their food and ate and talked. "So you have a pretty good sense of intuition." He said. "Into...what?" She questioned. "Oh! Still learning, and hardly speaking, English. Intuition means you have a strong sense of somebody. You can tell if they're good or bad pretty quickly." He explained. "Ah. You, good. Director, bad." She said. "Director, bad?" He asked. She nodded and looked at him seriously. "...Okay. I won't...question it. I believe you." He said. "I was right about person before her. She is bad woman too. You trust me, as I trust you?" She asked. "I do. Yes. Absolutely." He responded. "Then you watch what say to Director." She advised. "Well, you know she's also my ex-wife so...yes. Absolutely. You have my word." He told her. And gave an assuring nod.

She spent the night in the spare room. And by morning, she got up and dressed, made the bed and braided her hair. She looked at her hands for a moment before she put on the gloves. Then she left the bedroom and followed Everett to the kitchen. Allegra was in the kitchen. "Oh! She...spent the night, too. Must have been some dinner, huh?" Valentina asked. "You dive into this too deep." Viktoriya said and looked slightly angry. "Sorry! I'll back off." Valentina said. Everett smiled a bit. Then focused. "What...are you doing here?" He asked her. "I'm hungry! And..." She said, as she brought a bowl of fruit over, closer. With her. She turned on the TV and they announced that Queen Ramonda of Wakanda had died. Viktoriya watched the news, intensely. They said it was civil conduct that killed her. Valentina turned off the TV and set down the remote.  They both looked at her. "So? Have any comment?" Valentina asked them. Viktoriya didn't speak a word. Everett neither. "I wonder what other secrets, your friends are keeping from you." Valentina said. Everett hesitated, then stammered. "What...what are you talking about?" He asked her. "I have no unsanctioned contact with Wakanda." He lied. "What about the beads?" She asked. "What?" Everett questioned.

"I had them tracked. And bugged." She told them. "When that Agent bravely approached her and put his hand into hers, on his finger was a very small tagging device. And he placed it into the beads in her hand. You think we didn't know?" She asked. "We're always two steps ahead. Just like I know you're faking this relationship." She told them. Everett slunk his shoulders and expressed defeat. Viktoriya kept a slightly angered gaze upon her. "I know about the call to the Queen that you made. I know about you contacting them. I know everything, Ross." Valentina cemented. "Okay but, the Wakandans weren't doing anything wrong. They have been helping people. And we need to be helping them. That is our goal here. I mean, could you imagine if the U.S. only, had Vibranium? What they would do with that kind of power?" Everett asked. "I actually, DREAM of it." Valentina said. She headed to a counter drawer. "Val. Val, please." He begged. "It's Director Fontaine." She said and pulled out handcuffs and closed the drawer. She headed to Everett. "As for you, Viktoriya. You should come with me. You'll love being a part of my team." She said. And took her arm too, then walked them both out front. Agents were waiting and took Everett.

An Agent reached for Viktoriya and she wrapped her arm around his and hooked it, breaking his elbow. "Oh my God!" Valentina said. She let him drop and complain. Then she kicked Valentina into the bushes and broke Everett's handcuffs. She fought off more Agents and kicked one into an SUV and it dented, slid a bit to the right and the Agent collapsed. She ran away with Everett. "Save yourself! Find a friend! They'll find me for sure! But get to someone you know! Send the word out!" He told her. "I will find you!" She told him. "I'll be waiting!" He said with a smile. "Go!" He commanded. Agents left his driveway in the SUVs with Valentina in the back of one. Everett and Viktoriya split off. She ran superhumanly fast, away from the Agents in their SUV and they couldn't keep up. They gave up the hunt for her but they caught Everett Ross. He was brought into an SUV. "Ooh! That woman!" Valentina said, frustrated. "I like her." Everett commented.

                    Continued in
  Captain America: New World Order
                   May 3rd 2024