4

WARNINGS: NONE

CHAPTER: 4
WORDS: 1614

~•~

I was still half asleep when someone tripped over my foot, landing on the floor. I quickly sat up and laughed at my brother who was practically kissing the floor.

His ears went down and he glared at me as he stood. „Mei'lu hurry up we wanna meet up with the forest kids" Tsireya shouted as she walked into our home making me groan In annoyance.

Since Aonung was in my reach I quickly gripped onto his arm and pulled him down which gave me just enough energy to get up but making him fall, face first onto the floor.

"Thanks big bro" I chuckled as I walked away, getting ready for the day by eating, splashing water in my face and brushing my teeth.

Some time later...

„I wish I've been there" Kiri fancied when Lo'ak finished his story about the tulkun he saw, „the ocean blessed you with a gift brother". „The tulkun have not returned yet and anyway no tulkun is ever alone" I informed them, kinda confused after his story.

„This one was... he had a missing fin. Like a stump on the left side" he told Tsireya and my eyes widened since my sibling and me knew exactly who he meant.

„Payakan. It's Payakan" Tsireya spoke like she could read my mind „Who is Payakan?" Kiri asked. „A young bull who went rogue, he is outcast, alone and has a missing fin" Rotxo explained.

„They say he is a killer" „No" „He killed na'vi and other tulkun, not here but far to the south" my siblings tried to convince him but Lo'ak was stubborn and stuck to his belief „No, he's no killer".

„Lo'ak you're lucky to be alive" I tried to reasoned with him „I'm telling you guys, he saved my life, he's my friend" . The tension was thick so Neteyam stood up and proudly announced „My baby bro... the mighty warrior who faced a killer tulkun and survived".

„You guys aren't listening" Lo'ak shock his head and stormed away while Tuk yelled „I'm listening" and Neteyam shouting „Lo'ak come back"and whispering „you skxawng".

We waited a while for him to come back but since he didn't Tsireya decided to bring them to our most secret place, spirit tree.

„We are here" my sister smiled while the forest kids looked amazed at the beauty of our nature. We had flying islands over the waterline and in the distance was a half circle out of stone that reached up in the sky.

„This is the cove of the ancestors, our most sacktet place" I informed them, admiring it like it was my first time seeing this place. "Eclipse is the best time of the day to be here" Tsireya said and the sky went dark.

The sun had vanished, leaving a dark but glowing sea behind. "This is it, this is the spirit tree" Tsireya explained before we all swam down into the water.

Our spirit tree was truly the most mesmerising thing I have seen, with its purplish, glowing colours. Since Tsireya was deeper down with Kiri I swam besides Neteyam and Lo'ak Making sure everything was alright.

They made the tsaheylu when Neteyam turned his head to me and stared into my eyes, like he was trying to find an answer. I tilted my head but before I could sign anything to him I noticed some moving behind me.

I turned my head and was shocked by Kiri arching her back and coughing. I immediately dashed downwards and broke the tsaheylu between her and the spirit tree before pulling her up with the help of Rotxo and Neteyam.

As soon as we got to surface Neteyam shoved her onto his ilu while screaming "Come on!" and Tuk yelling "Kiri! What is wrong with her?!" in confusion.

"It was a seizure" Kiri's older brother quickly answered before trying to reanimate her. "Is she breathing?" Rotxo asked in concern and was relieved when Kiri gasped for air.