Chapter 7 : 1 More Day

(Omori reference!!)

Today is Sunday, and I have absolutely no idea what to do today. I hung out with everyone yesterday, my parents went and got groceries yesterday, so now what?

I guess I'll sit around at home today, or go downtown.

I tell myself that, and then I went straight to my computer to log into my video games. I played this cute anime styled game that absolutely fuelled my gambling addiction! Not that I have one, of course. The fans of said game just say that a lot and.. well.. you know.

Anyway, at about 11:15 A.M. I decide to take a shower, and get ready to go do something outside.

While I'm getting changed, I get a notification from a creator on a social media I use. So, like any other person, I opened it, and checked what she said. Apparently, a new book store opened up downtown. It had lots of amazing books I've heard of! Like A Legend of a Sword, Moonlit Bamboo Forest, and so many other good ones. Yaaay!!!

So, I quickly grab my wallet, slip on my shoes, and run to the closest bus stop. I end up being like 10 minutes too early for the next bus, and the hot sun is already beating down on me. Ugh.

The bus comes as I'm in the middle of watching a random video, so I pause it, and get on safely. I then sit down on an empty row nearby. I then reach into my purse, and look for my headphones, but someone's conversation nearby piques my interest.

"Hey, isn't that the girl from school?"

A familiar voice asks. But who is that?

"Oh, you're right! Isn't that the uh... girl in your math class?"

Another says. I'm in one of their math classes, who could this be?

"Yup. Oh wait, Yun, isn't that the girl that has the cool clothes, right?" the voice says. "It is! I'm surprised you remember, since you have your nose buried in a book every school day." 'Yum' replies.

That's Xingqiu and Chongyun. They're both presidents of their own respective clubs, and they're super smart. I'm surprised they remember me.

It's flattering to know that people remember me for my style, haha. I smile to myself.

Time passes, and I get off at my stop. I stand by the bus stop, and I look up directions to the book store. Soon enough, I start my adventure.

..

I make it to the bookstore, greeted by the sweet aroma of new pages. Nice.

"Oh, it's nice here." I hear the same voice from the bus say. Wait, same voice??

"It really is, Yun! Oh, is that Fischl?" Xingqiu says. I had a feeling she'd be here." Chongyun said, unsurprised.

I turn around and wave awkwardly. Then they come up to me.

I wasn't expecting to see people from school today. Oh well. At least it isn't someone that bullied me.

That reminds me, I haven't been bullied as of late. Maybe they got scared off from my new friends? Well, it doesn't matter. I'm glad it's over anyway.

"Hi Fischl!" Xingqiu says politely as he walks towards me. "Want to shop with us?" he offers. "Um," I say, not exactly knowing what to say.

I mean— I don't really consider them friends. Other than the fact that I am also part of the book club (that Xingqiu is the president of) and he asks me to help him handle events, is he really a friend?

"It's okay if you don't want to, I'm not forcing you," Xingqiu says again, sensing the confusion in my voice. "Oh, uh.. I don't mind shopping with the two of you," I say, after clearing my throat. Xingqiu smiles in response.

The three of us then proceed to go shopping for the day.

"Oh, Fischl! Have you read this book? The main character reminds me of you," Xingqiu says.

"Hm? Oh, I haven't," I respond.

"It looks like a good read. Tell you what, how about the three of us form a little book club, and we read this book!" Xingqiu says excitedly.

"Sure, but when would we have the meetings?" Chongyun asks.

"I'm okay with that, but yeah, I'm already apart of the actual book club, and we already have everyday after school." I say. "Hmm.. Then perhaps whenever the three of us are free," Xingqiu says. "Sounds good to me," Says Chongyun. "Same here." I say.

"Hey, I don't have your number yet and I need to make a group chat," Xingqiu says. "Oh, uh, I can enter it in for you," I say, and enter in my number.

What felt like 20 minutes ended up being 3 hours. I made myself even MORE friends, and more plans for the future. Life is really looking up now.

End Scene.

[ hiiii agaaiiiinnn!!! this one is a long chapter lmao 🤭 hope u like it!

just a heads up; i'll be finishing the series within the next 3-5 chapters.

but if u want to read more of my work (which would be seriously surprising 😭) i'll try and release more short stories, and some not fandom related stuff 🤘 ]