The Call

"How do you not know Ghost?" I asked in awe believing that my boss had never heard of the band Ghost.

"Look, I just haven't heard of them alright. Can I give you the number they passed to me, so I can close up the restaurant and go home?" He asked, getting a tiny bit furious with the number of questions I'd been asking.

"Sure, the faster we can get this done, the sooner we can all go home!" I stated in agreement.

"Alright, here's that number. You should call that right away, like right when you get to your car kind of situation." He said.

"Alright will do boss, have a good day!" I said

I left his office with the number in a hurry rushing to my car and started trying to control all the emotions I was feeling at once. As soon as I got my emotions together, I finally built up the courage to call the number. I unfold the paper that was folded in half, dialed the number into my iPhone, and called.

I heard the phone ring several times before it went to voicemail, and I was kinda sad. I tried a couple more times, and it still went to voicemail.

"That's kind of disappointing, I was hoping someone would pick up the phone at least on their end," I said starting to feel like it wasn't an immediate emergency.

I was about to leave my car and unexpectedly, I got startled as my phone started ringing louder than I thought it would. It was an unknown number, so I unfolded that piece of paper, looked at the phone number, and compared it to the one on my phone. It was the same number and I quickly and clumsily picked up my phone while almost dropping it down in between the console and the seat, but caught it, and I answered it.

"H..hello? I said.

"Hello, this is the ministry for the band Ghost, is this [y/n]?" Said a mysterious voice coming from the phone. The voice almost sounded like it wasn't human.

"Yes this is [y/n], is there something you guys wanted from me?" I said with curiosity.

"Since it's [y/n], let me get Cardinal on the phone. Can you please hold?" Said the mysterious voice.

"But..I... oh forget it," I said disappointedly

I was put on hold for at least 10 minutes, and I got to listen to some nice, calming music the whole time. It was definitely better than some other companies holding music. After 10 minutes, the music suddenly stopped and I heard Cardinal pick up the phone.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" Said Cardinal Copia.

"Hello, I'm [y/n], and my boss received a call from you and I was wondering what you wanted from me?" I said.

"Well, I was hoping that I could get you to come to the Ministry and we can chat there. Is that okay with you?" Said Copia.

"Yeah, that's fine. Is there a specific time you want me to meet you there?" I said curiously.

"Does 7:30 tonight work for you? You can join me and the ghouls for dinner." Said Copia, being very proud of his statement and being very encouraging.

"Yeah, 7:30 works for me," I said

"Great! See you then." Copia said excitedly.

After the phone call ended between me and Cardinal Copia. I put my phone down carefully and then started to scream, as I just talked to the lead singer of the band Ghost.

TO BE CONTINUED