Hungry Eyes

I've been meanin' to tell you
I've got this feelin' that won't subside
I look at you and I fantasize
You're mine tonight
Hungry Eyes, Eric Carmen

Diana:

"I'm here!" I said running up the stairs to the dance studio, chewing on a bagel. "I'm here! Sorry I'm late, I got held up at breakfast!" I apologized profusely, throwing my backpack in its usual corner and taking one last bite of the cinnamon-y bread and tossing it aside.

I was only ten minutes late, but I didn't want him to think I wasn't taking this seriously.

Michael and Tatiana sat on the other side of the room, turning their heads as I ran in and stopping mid conversation.

Tatiana had been coming in every so often to help me with my sensuality as she called it, which I'd originally laughed at — much to her disapproval.

Apparently there were a few things that Michael couldn't teach me, being that he was a male performer, and considering the fact that Tat was basically sex on heels — from the way she walked, talked, and held herself in general — she was the perfect candidate to help me in that area which I substantially lacked.

I didn't have much, but I was firmly set on the phrase 'fake it till I make it'. As long as the audience was under the impression I had a little sensuality in me then I'd be golden. The upbeat mambo dance was a love story after all, and they had to believe whatever was between us on the stage was genuine — Atleast until the dance was over.

I had no clue how Michael was able to pretend like I was anywhere near as sultry as his real dance partner, but then again he was a professional. I'm sure he could've danced with broom and he would've been able to make it look like they had chemistry.

"Okay." I breathed heavily, giving them both a contrite smile as I faced them. "I'm ready."

Michael faced me, wearing his usual getup, but today in a black over shirt. He crossed his arms over his chest, as Tatiana walked up to me.

Her hair was down like usual, but today she was wearing a form fitting bright red leotard with translucent black leggings, and gold strappy heels that made her the same height as Michael. To put it simply, she was gorgeous and reminded me of a jungle cat with her sleek body and sharp features.

She smiled mischievously, throwing me the black material that she'd been holding in her hands.

"Go put this on." She instructed.

I held up the black material, eyeing I curiously as I tried to figure out what it was... A skirt maybe? But it looked too small to move around it. Maybe it was a shirt of some kind, or even a blind fold. I wouldn't have put it past them to do have me do an entire lesson in the dark... I didn't want to break anything with only a few days before the show, but maybe it would've helped my movements if I couldn't see.

"It's a leotard." She said, "And tights."

My eyes widened as I looked at the small piece of fabric that I pinched in my fingers and held up to my face, as I looked at Tatiana.

"This is supposed to cover my entire body?" I said with shock.

"It'll do the the trick." She nodded, trying not to smile at my scared expression.