ᴼⁿᵉ//ᴮˡᵘʳʳʸ ᶠᵃᶜᵉˢ

[You have a message]

Raine hums as she leaves her current app and goes to her messages, only leaving again to see that the message was from an unknown number.

Raine blows her hair away and she stares at the notebook in front of her, the story that she has written back to when she was in 6th grade, what became a dare became an opportunity for her to find her love for writing.

It was your typical first book with a cliche story with stereotypical characters, she remembers that this was her proudest piece because it was not only her first time writing, but it was also a finished piece with a total of 50 chapters.

It wasn't the best but, it was the reason she loved writing stories and she wanted to see how far she has come by reading her first story.

It revolved around Emily, who was the female protagonist of the story who had lived with her uncle and aunt after her parents death, the three of them moving back to the town where she had lived with her parents before their deaths.

There, she is met with her Fathers best friend, Tom, she had met his daughter, Raine who was one the coolest students in the school and had been her guide throughout highschool.

Yes, it was a self-insert but come on, some writers must've had some self-inserts in their own story.

Now, back to the story.

Emily, on her first day. Had met the male leads of the story, to say they were trash was an understatement.

They were the whole garbage can, they don't know when to stop even if Emily says 'no' and create opportunities for them to be able to meet with Emily, who was busy being with Raine.

Raine could feel that this story had a hidden lesbian couple(Between Emily and Raine) but since Raine in 6th grade was still questioning herself and had internalized homophobia, it ended with Emily getting with someone, it didn't specify who though.

She must've been indecisive and just left it as an open ending.

Raine rubbed her palm on top of the notebook's cover and felt the various different stickers that were placed on top of the blue colored notebook.

Raine looked to the side and saw that the sky outside was now a hue of dark blue that reminds her of the deep dark ocean with the bottom a faded orange that could be compared to that of a dying flame, as the sun is now departing and it's place is ready to be replaced by it's counterpart.

Raine sighed and placed the notebook on top of her nightstand, taking off her eye contacts and placing them inside of it's designated container.

Raine pulled her blanket up to her mid torso and grabbed her phone to do some scrolling through media before going to sleep, her mind reminding her of the message she got.

Although her rational side was telling her to just delete the message, but her curious side told her to just look at it first before deleting it.

With a press of her thumb she checked the message.