Chapter 5

Delilah's pov

One month later

It's been a month and two weeks since I was admitted. Dr Anderson says I've been doing better. Because I've been compliant with the therapy sessions and medications.

"Get up Delilah." The guard says banding on the door. I groan and stand up putting my "uniform" on.

He grabs ahold of my hands and hand cuffs them before walking to dr Anderson's room. He opens the door and pushes me in unlocking the handcuffs and shutting the door behind him.

"Delilah, come sit I have some great news." She said smiling up at me. I took a seat silently and watched her intensely as she sorted her papers out.

"Delilah, your husband has decided, after looking over your file that you would be more beneficial in the home environment!" She beamed. My jaw dropped.

"So, I spoke with dr Green and she agrees with me that today you will be discharged!" Dr Anderson looked very happy.

Come on Delilah. How's the time to play your part

"Oh my god! Thank you so much dr Anderson. I really need to speak and apologise to my husband! I'm glad I'm going home now." I beamed with a very fake smile.

"Well, let's go meet him. He's in the lobby." She said standing up. I followed her out of the room, down the corridor and then into the elevator.

"You've been so good Delilah, I know at the start it was rocky. But you're so much better now." I nodded at her.

"Mr Garcia-Russo! It's a pleasure." Dr Anderson said shaking his hand. I refused to make eye contact with him.

"Hey baby, why don't you go get changed yeah?" Lorenzo asked me handing me a bag. I took the bag silently and walked to the bathroom.

I looked inside the bad and sighed. Why the fuck am I wearing a suit?!

I got changed and ran my fingers through my hair

I opened the bathroom door and walked towards Lorenzo and dr Anderson who were talking.

"Well Delilah, it was a pleasure to meet you and i hope you have a good life." Dr Anderson smiled. I smiled and nodded.

"Well we better be off, thank you so much dr Anderson." Lorenzo said. She waved as Lorenzo took my hand and walked us outside the hospital.

I snatched my hand out of his and began walking to his car. I got in and stared out the window.

"You know, you're going to have to speak to me at some point love." He looked over at me and began driving.

"You left me." I whispered letting the tears fall. "We will talk about this once we're home okay?" He said. I ignored him and whipped the tears.

We pulled up outside his house. I opened my door and walked towards the kitchen opening the fridge and grabbing a bottle of beer.

"Lilah, you shouldn't drink whilst you're medicated." Lorenzo said grabbing the bottle from me. "I don't need to be medicated Lorenzo! I'm not even crazy. You did this to me. You left me alone in there for a month! How could you do that!?" I shouted at him.

"Delilah, you were going to call the police on me. I did you a favour. I should've killed you." He spoke sympathetically.

I let the tears fall freely. "You have to believe me baby, i had to do it." He said grabbing my hand.

I ripped my hand from his and spoke "now everyone thinks I'm crazy Lorenzo. Do you know what that feels like? To be falsely diagnosed? To be medicated when you shouldn't have been? To have people restrain you, stick you with needles. It's horrible Lorenzo." I sobbed.

"I'm so sorry baby, but I did it for us. Now we can start fresh." He offered a smile.

"I will never love you again. Do you hear me?" I spoke angrily.

"Well, you're going to have to play happy wife because I love you. One day you'll see I did this for you." And with that he stood up and walked out the kitchen.