Chapter Four: I am Iron Man

"How do I look?" Holland asked Pepper as she walked outside to join her in the car. This event was apparently an important one. Obadiah Stone was sure to remind her of it, every second he could.

Board members were still outraged by the press conference and as the next speculated to run Stark Industries it was important for Holland to show the board she wasn't her father.

"Eloquent. Do you like the dress your father bought me for my birthday?" Pepper joked, showing off the dress she had evidently bought herself. "He has great taste." she continued as they walked outside to the car waiting for them.

"He's not coming?" Holland asked looking back to the front door of the mansion, expecting him to make a grand entrance and a sarcastic joke about himself that neither would laugh to.

"He's in the lab, twiddling with his toys. I couldn't get a minute in without him just yes-ing me so I would leave him alone. He's coping in his own ways." Pepper explained. Holland looked back once more before slipping into the back seat next to Pepper.

The car ride was silent. Holland was nervous for what was to come. A night out in public. All eyes on her. She didn't want to mess up.

Happy stooped the car and one of the workers opened the door for her and Pepper. Cameras immediately began to flash and people shouted her name from all over.

Holland took a deep breath, walking away from the car.

As she walked further down the carpet, the flashing lights and shouts from the reporters began to get her heart beating. Beads of nervous sweat formed on her forehead. Her fingers which rested near her thighs, moved around as they began to go numb and lose feeling.

A hand snaked around her shoulders, causing her to jump

A hand snaked around her shoulders, causing her to jump. "Didn't mean to scare you." Obadiah laughed as they walked up to a news reporter. His grip was quite tight in her shoulder. It was uncomfortable but Holland didn't say anything.

"Good evening Mr. Stane and Miss Stark. Have any comments on the press conference Mr. Stark held the other day?" the news reporter asked, shoving the microphone in their faces.

"I think my dad made a great point about the weapons-"

"She's right. Weapons manufacturing is just one small part of what Stark Industries is all about. There's a partnership with five-" Obadiah explained but the new reporter clearly wasn't interested in what he had to say.

"Miss Stark, after what you experienced, do you have a message to the world?" the news reporter asked. Holland cracked an uneasy smile.

"Peace. We need peace in this world. Those terrorists are just one of many. A world of peace would be great." Holland explained.

"Thank you!"

Holland walked off, hearing commotion from behind. She turned around on the carpet to find her father, well-dressed, walking her way.