Authors Note (5 years later)

To all who find this story,

Brava! You have found the coup de gras of my teenage years. The golden egg of my childhood. A year-long staple of my life between 2015 & 2016. I wrote this with no knowledge of the books - I've only read up to the third, even as an adult. I was flying by the seat of my pants and my expert knowledge of the films in every direction which are in no way, shape, or form, accurate. At least not to this fandom's standards. To some, the pairing could be considered problematic, the plot is a trope burrito, and the ending. Well...I've had enough mixed reviews to know it can be considered both a work of utter genius and the work of a mad fool.

To those now reading this, this story is not good.

It is a fanfic as fanfic was meant to be. Incredibly campy, self-serving, nonsensical, incomprehensible at times and fully and utterly bursting with inconsistencies and plot-holes that a pantser like me tends to overlook in even the most blatant of circumstances. However, as I clean up my childhood profiles, I can say this story is not one I can simply delete nor dismiss from my life. It changed me in a very permanent way. I'm now a writer of my own original stories, hoping to one day write a book promising much better quality.

And though I can no longer appreciate the HP Universe as I once did-I no longer consider the franchise nor it's creator worth a single precious breath-this story is something beyond that. So, to all those who still read, comment (both good and bad), and especially to those who consider this a favorite story (how I appreciate you all), I hope you enjoy the treasure you've found in all it's VERY fanfiction-y glory.

It's been five years since I wrote this. God, do I feel old.

Sincerely yours,

- The Author

Rose (February 2023)