Chapter 36: Old Friends, Old Enemies

A/N: Firstly, I want to thank everyone who actually made it till the end. This has been one of the longest stories I've ever written, and I'm so relieved to see how many people enjoyed it, and gave me positive reviews. This will be the last chapter before the Epilogue, so enjoy!

•Everything was dark at first. There wasn't any pain, nor bliss. It was just a state of nothingness. But then, Hermione felt her eyelashes fluttering, and soon her vision was filled with white. It was gleaming like fresh parchment, endlessly traveling into the sky with no ceiling in sight,

'Where am I?'

Sitting up with a wince, Hermione trailed her eyes across the pristine room. It looked like the Hogwarts Library, as the were walls lined with shelves of unmarked books. The many tables scattered about were occupied by people, familiar people whom Hermione remembered from her past. Luna and Dean were sitting together with a Quibbler at one setting, while Ginny, Lavender and Pavarti giggled silently from behind their held up book at some unsaid joke from another. In the far corner, Fred and George Weasley were working on one of their products, while Colin Creevy watched with delight from afar.

It was a beautiful sight, to see everyone at peace. The only eerie thing about the scene was the silence. The heavy, yet loud silence of Death. Getting to her feet slowly and taking a few steps forward, Luna and Dean looked up. Their faces were barely distinguishable, yet Luna's dreamy gaze still peeked through as she grinned and turned to point across the library. Following the finger with her eyes, Hermione saw two blotches of color.

Gasping, the young witch thanked Luna quietly before weaving about the tables, making her way towards where two boys were playing a game of wizards chess,

"Ron...Harry?"

Hermione felt as if the breath had been ripped from her throat as both boys turned to look at her in unison. Ron's fire red hair was still as vibrant as ever, and his smile reached his sweet eyes as he laughed slightly. Harry's dark hair was still messy, and his smile was a little gentler, though still as genuine as Ronald's, "how are you both here?"

"We came here after you left, 'Mione," Ron said, standing up to tower over the form of his past girlfriend, "we've been waiting for you,"

"Ron even bet me a sickle it wouldn't be till you were an old woman," Harry injected, standing as well and holding open his arms. Ron did too as the Golden Trio embraced, holing each other tightly as far tears rolled down Hermione's face,

"I-I thought I'd never see you guys again,"

Sniffling and pulling away from her friends, Hermione looked around again, "where are we anyway?"

"It's the place between death," Harry explained, shoving his hands into his jeans with a crooked smile, "we all came to see you, Hermione,"

"So you're all dead? I...I'm so sorry..."

Hermione sniffled again as Ron shook his head and pulled the young witch closer to him,

"Not really, eh? We're just, waiting for our time, ya know?"

"No, I don't know Ronald," Hermione mumbled, causing Harry to happily laugh,

"It's pretty confusing. But you should be getting back soon,"

"I should?" Hermione looked between her two friends confusedly, "I can leave?"

"Well you aren't really dead," Ron stated, picking up Hermione's hand to reveal the Resurrection Stone,