Prologue

No one's POV

Let me tell you a story. A story about one who is going to defy their destiny.

Elsewhere

Deep within the moonlit night. A broken silence took over. Within the forests of this area footsteps and panting were heard. As figure held a object in their hands as they ran from search lights and drones. Red eyes glowed on the hunted striking fear into the figure as they ran even faster not worried about fatigue as they wanted to get as far away from them as possible.

They run for seemingly no end. This figure is actually a woman and what she is carrying is a child. Desperately trying to protect this child she runs until a bullet strikes her in the heart.

On her knees she has nowhere to run now as her life is running out in a final resort she places the basket with the child in the river letting them float down stream. The child begins to cry not wanting to be separated from the woman but they have no choice.

Before she lets go she speaks.

"I need to you go now. I promised you that your life will be beautiful I plan to protect that promise. Goodbye my baby boy." She says with tears kissing the forehead of the child and placing a note with him as well.

Far away now as the child floats the sounds of gunfire ring out in the night. The child now all alone cries. With no one to care for him. Along the river he travels watching the trees pass by him. For hours in end this goes on until they are stuck on a log in the river. Now exposed to the elements it won't be long until predators arrive to claim their meal.

And yet none came. But a single figure. They appear to be woken up the by cries of the child. The figure in question was woman with rabbit like features. As soon as she saw the basket she rushed over to the water and picked up the basket and saw the child within.

"What is a child like you doing out here alone?" She speaks. That until she saw the note and read it.

'To anyone who finds my son. Please take care of him. We were hunted and my life is coming to an end. I wanted to keep him safe from a terrible organization. Please tell him that I will always love him.' The final words were covered in blood.

Placing a hand over her mouth she looked at the child deeply saddened at the circumstance he was in. What was she to do? She couldn't just leave the child her helpless and alone. So in a act of instinct she decided to take him in. He just lost his mother and now he was alone at a very young age. With a caring gaze she took the child in starting her new life as a mother.

Taking the child in she bathed him and fed him. But the problem was that he was still crying. It was the fact that he saw his real mother die before him. So the emotions were extreme. The woman now named Vanilla simply sat down in a chair and began humming a melody. One she learned from her mother.

The tunes from Vanilla calmed the child down almost instantly. What were cries of sorrow and trauma were replaced by a simple pattern of breathing and sleep. With the child asleep in her arms she began to think to herself.

"I wonder who was hunting this poor child? But now that he is in my care I promise to treat him well. But the last thing is what do I name him?" She thought to herself. The note in the basket never specified a name. She thought of many different names that could go with him.

"How about y/n?" She spoke the sleeping child. Nodding to herself she named the child y/n. With a new determination she would gives this child a new life. One filled with happiness and beauty.

Over the years. (Following the events of the Sonic games.) Vanilla would care for y/n as the adoptive mother. Later she would have a child of her own named Cream. Y/n grew up to be a very quiet kid. While he did not communicate with words he did so with actions. Being 6 years older than Cream he would often bring her outside and sit in a flower patch watching the world show it's beauty. During the cold days he would wrap her up in a blanket and hold her next to the fire place. Vanilla laughed to herself thinking of how protective y/n became for both Cream and her. But also bearing sadness as to why this protectiveness was born from. While nervous when Cream was born he immediately grew attached to her. He made a to himself to be the best brother that he could be.

But when no one was around he would often cry himself to sleep the horrors of that night still vivid in his mind. Not wanting anyone to worry he would cry to himself and fake a smile sometimes around his mother and sister. Now at the coming age of 18 he and his family now live in a small town with Sonic and the others. They just moved in half a year ago but now his life is about to take a new turn.

Both for better and for worse.