Chapter 3: understanding

No one's POV

The next day with a partly cloudy sky with birds chirping in the distance. Under a oak tree near a pond in the center of the town there y/n was, dressed in a black button up shirt with navy jeans and average shoes he waits for the others. Watching nature around him his heart is calm and tranquil.

The sounds of people enjoying there day fill the air. Mothers and Father enjoying the day with their children. It is truly a gift to see and complete family.

"But mine is broken and shattered. That dream is long gone." Y/n spoke to himself. With him with a dead mother and unknown father with possible siblings. He had no true family left.

Vanilla and Cream are with him but he is not their true son and brother. He is a stranger in a unforgiving world.

The longer he stays out here and see all of these people together, the more he begins that this is a bad idea. It would be best to walk away and hide. To spare everyone his burdensome presence.

Besides: 'No one would care I wasn't here.'

Then he made the decision. He turns to begin walking home. He doesn't want to bore them after all.

"Hey y/n!" Then a voice a called out. Turning to see the source it was Amy. Dressed in her iconic red and white dress and shoes, with her headband on her head.

She approached y/n with a joyful aura around her. Standing in front with her hands behind her back she greeted y/n.

"Sorry for the wait. Everyone else is still getting ready."

"It's no trouble Ms. Rose. je profitais de la vue." Y/n returned the greetings.

"What language was that?" She asked in curiosity.

"It was the French language. My mother wanted me to be more sociable but couldn't really talk to people that well. So I learned another language as a way to speak to strangers. Those that I would like to know would hear me speak English more often instead of French."

"I see. I guess one of the lucky few huh?" Amy replied.

Y/n just nods in reply. This is odd to y/n even though he does speak to strangers, he speak very little and tries to escape the conversation as quick as possible. But with Sonic and the others, he find himself speaking to them more easily. But he doesn't think too much of it.

He just listens to Amy talk various things such as her adventures and her talents and friends, while also letting a few things about her love for Sonic slip through. He just listens and nods to reaffirm her that he was listening. Times passes by for the two as they stood there under the oak tree.

For what seemed like hours the rest of the group arrives. They all greet y/n and they begin there trip to the spot they mentioned. Through woods and green fields we all traveled by plane. The sunlight green the grass a vibrant green glow and the blue sky looked clear now with little to no clouds in sight.

Y/n POV

Then it hit me we made it to their original home. The Green Hills, where it all began. Sonic smiled as he jumped off the plane that tails and knuckles were on to start running. As their plane landed and ours landing shortly after, disembarking onto the ground we walked a little more through the great range of the Green Hills. Everyone was enjoying themselves, they talked to each other about their lives and how they were all doing.

But for me. I was never a part of their lives. I was just a stranger. I never went in any adventures of my own and I usually stayed near the house and my hideout. Hell, I can't recall the last time anything exciting happened aside from us moving to our new home.

Yet I see Vanilla, Cream, and Cheese reminiscing on all the adventures they been through. When I hear about all of these different moments I feel nothing. As if I am content with being left out in these adventures. Yet my heart feels torn, even more so than before.

One side wish for solitude away from everyone. To be forgotten and given peace until the end of my days. Where my life will remain normal and mundane.

But the other yearns for adventure and the feeling of traveling with people to see places that was never discovered before. To feel joy in the company of others.

I am conflicted with what to do. Right now I feel. . . . . Happy to be with everyone right here and now. It would be best if I let go of everything and enjoy today.

Narrator

Soon the group finally arrived. It was a basin with a small pond on the side with a palm tree. The soft waves of the pond with the rustling of leaves and grass add to the majesty of the small place. Many small critters fly and run around in joy giving vibrancy to this place. A destination to heal even the most broken of souls, ir bring back painful memories.

"Welcome to our little vacation spot." Sonic speaks.

Y/n looks around taking in the scenery. In awe of the view and how beautiful it was.

"Amazing." He said.

"Don't worry y/n I know you needed this. That's why being around friends will help you." Vanilla said hugging her dear son.

Letting go he decided to walk over to the water he looked at his own reflection. In the water he saw himself.

With curiosity he kneeled down and placed a finger into water. The ripples formed as a different image formed.

His mother got curious and kneeled beside him.

"What do you see y/n?"

It was him as a child. Wrapped in a little cloth floating down a river.

Then it happened.

The flashbacks to that painful memory in time. The gunshots, the drones, his dead mother. It all hit him like truck reeling his head back as the trauma came full force. His mind clouded with but he mother dying and he could do nothing about it.

The horns of the robots blaring, their blood light eyes searching and killing. The gunshots and the shot in the heart. It all laid bear happening a second time his mind refusing to remove it making witness it all over again.

He fell backwards and scurried away from the water with tears rushing down his fear torn face. Everyone around him was confused, except for Vanilla. She knew what he saw. No words were needed only that she needed to calm him down immediately.

But she was too late, in that instance y/n bolted away from the group trying to run home alone.