Chapter 1

Theo stood on two crates in between her twin brother and Jamal as they looked over a small wall at a high school party that was going on. They were finally done with middle school and Cesar had the great idea to snake into the party to get beer.

Theo would have either been at home reading or just chilling with her crew but her brother dragged her into going.

As Theo looked around she froze when she looked eyes with Jamal's older brother Damian who was wearing his football jersey along with some of the other football players he was three years older than them and a junior.

Damian gives her a wink making her blush before looking down. Theo has always had a crush on Damian but he was popular and hot so she didn't think she had a shot with him ever.

Theo looked down at her outfit a white tank top with a black and white flannel and light blue pair of shorts she also had on one of her necklaces and a couple of rings she then looked up at one of the girls that were checking out Damian and frowned when she saw that she could never compete with that.

Her sense of fashion was all over the place, sometimes she would dress like a girly girl and sometimes like a tomboy and let's not forget that fact she's five foot one well he was six feet.

"Do you see him? I don't see him." Monse asked as she looked around trying to find Cesar in the crowd of partying teenagers.

"He's probably fine just trying not to get caught." Theo tells Monse as she gives her friend a soft smile before looking back at everyone at the party avoiding Damian stare knowing if she looked back at him she would blush more than she is now.

"Something bad is happening I can feel it. I knew this was a dumb idea." Jamal tells them, making Theo shake her head as she looks over at him shaking her head.

Jamal was always the one that worried about everything in their crew no matter how small the thing is you can trust Jamal to overthink but unlike the other Theo tried her best not to ignore him like the others did sometimes.

"Pop a zannie, J." Ruby tells Jamal, making Theo nod.

"For real Jamal your worrying is making me worry and I want to be able to chill tonight." Theo tells Jamal who nods as he tries to relax.

"We can't see him 'cause he's being stealth." Ruby tells them as Monsa nods.

"No doubt. He's got this. When Cesar ever disappointed?" Monsa tells them, making Theo shrug a little.

"Mmm, fourth grade. Kickball tourney. We lost." Jamal tells Monsa, making Theo roll her eyes.

"Only 'cause I picked the kid with no skills." Cesar says from behind them making them turn to see him holding five beers. "And I'd pick you again." He tells Jamal with a smirk before throwing him a beer. "Loyalty trumps victory, friend."Cesar tells Jamal as he gives everyone else some beers.