Chapter 5

Third Person Limited Omniscient Point Of View

"Hey Ross!" His siblings greeted as they see the shadow of a figure come creeping out of the surprisingly dim living room.

Ross nodded, acknowledging their presence, and headed upstairs to his room to slumber and finally escape the tiring day he has had in this confusing universe.

--

"Once you snag the two million dollars from him, you may end the relationship, unless you can find something valuable and useful for us from him."

"I'm going to wait until it's believable for the world to know that I'm dating THE Ross Lynch."

"Please, the only reason I'm dating him is because of the fame I'll receive as well."

"His money is what I thirst for. He has loads, and he'll give me ANYTHING to see me satisfied and happy."

"You can only fall for his looks, and if that goes downhill for you, don't sweat it. You'll get the cash and popularity as well."

"Great job Annabeth. Now I want you to wait until he's in his most vulnerable state and tear him apart bits by bits, taking his money with you."

Ross woke up, nervous and sweaty, trying to let his horrifying nightmare vanish, as it continued to haunt him in his sleep, everyday.

It made him delusional. It made him traumatized. It made him the semi-emotionless Ross he is now.

He just couldn't sleep away from his problems anymore; for they haunted him as well in his dreams. Why sulk? Why reminisce over these stupid mistakes? Was he really that stupid back then-to fall for those empty promises?

"And I know you went through so much in this sick planet, but I'm here now, and I'll be there for you until the end. Trust me, I'll free you from your misery. I love you, you know that right?"

"I do know that, and I really really really trust you. I love you more, Annabeth."

"I love you the most."

He shook his head from that flashback a year ago. Trust. Trust is a powerful word, so is love, and he can't believe that he gave in to the thought of Annabeth being 'the one' for him, as he regretted saying those three words for the first time to Annabeth, when she was like the others after all-just more ruthless and evil.

Ross got up, wore a hoodie over his crumpled up T-shirt, and left his room filled with lies and horrible memories.

For the second time today, he left the house. This time, making not much efforts in hiding his identity, and drove around his street, enjoying the emptiness, darkness and freedom once again.

--

For some reason, Ross ended up in a gym. He decided to just enter a facility he hadn't been to in so long, but brought joy to him, and for some reason, the gym was the first place that popped into his head.

Entering the air-conditioned, half-abandoned gymnasium at midnight wasn't creepy for Ross. He liked the fact that there were not much people around. It was comfortable and refreshing.

The gym was humongous. It contained several doors and staircases that lead him to a room filled with high-tech equipment that was efficient to use.

Surprisingly, the first door lead Ross to a room filled with boxing bags hanging from the ceiling, tempting him to punch one, but he decided against his temptation and just stared at the room with wonder and awe.

"Punch it." A fit old man spoke, as he stepped into the room.

Ross looked at him, confused.

"I know you have a lot in your head. I'm not here to interrogate or judge. Go punch it." He smiled.

Ross took a deep breath and decided to just punch it once to get this over with.

As he plunged his hard fist into the bag filled with hard stuffing, it partially stung a bit, but the feeling was addicting and new to Ross-and for the first time, he felt the anger boiling in him that he has been hiding and placing aside. His anger for his poor luck rose. His anger for his mistakes rose. His anger for ever trusting or loving rose. His anger for everything rose, and he wanted to let it all out, to this poor punching bag.

He repeatedly punched the bag, while screaming at every impact of his fist at it, and letting a few angry tears freely fall out.

After a few minutes of continuous punching for no particular reason but his anger, the old man spoke.

"Give it your best, kid. These punching bags are pretty much indestructible, but you're so close to breaking that one you've been punching for merely five minutes. I know you're angry, and I know the reason/s aren't about something small or stupid either. Let it all out and break that barrier of cautiousness of yours. You could break it."

Ross gave the old man a small smile and faced the beaten-up punching bag and gave it his final three punches.

First, he punched hard for having trust and faith in people.

Second, he punched harder for falling for the false promises of all the girls he dated-especially Annabeth's.

And lastly, he punched hardest for ever believing that there was something such as true love.

______________________________________________________

Hey! Here's your promised update! I'm so pissed because I wrote this chapter with 2000+ words and was-for the first time-satisfied with the chapter, but Wattpad had to go delete it and I know this isn't as long as you've expected (1k words), but I couldn't remember how I worded out everything. (I hope it wasn't a sucky chapter though)

QOTC: Song stuck in your head?

AOTC: A Love Like War by ATL (because I kept listening to it when I first wrote this chap)

Thank you for all your sweet comments, votes and reads! I appreciate them all. Btw, I just published a one-shot book, along with my first one-shot yesterday. It's a Raura one so please check it out! Oh and if you'd like me to read a fanfic of yours, just comment below and the title of it. I'll make sure to check it out as well!

Disney_AustinandAlly