Chapter 8

Third Person Omniscient Point of View

Song of the Chapter: Hold on Till May by Pierce The Veil (xlyrical thank you Rena, for reminding me of this song)

"What are you doing here?" An oh-so-familiar voice welcomed the gloomy environment.

Ross felt the tension rising, as if his breathing experienced some sort of difficulty, and turned around, meeting a girl in a dark hoodie like him, except her hair covered half of her face, leaving Ross even more curious on who this familiar voice may be.

"I repeat my question."

The girl paused.

"What are you doing here?" She hissed, her voice serious and predator-like.

"None of your business." Ross hoarsely replied. Though the sentence itself may sound intimidating, his voice was vulnerable and worrisome.

"Actually, it is my business. You see, I want California to be a better place, and creeps like you could be reported in an instant." She replied, confident, showing him a contact of her phone.

Probably the police.

"Well, I'm not a creep or whatever you think I am. I-"

Ross' throat ached, causing him to grieve in pain as he groaned, clutching it.

"Are you okay?" Her voice shifted, suddenly changing into a nurse-like tone.

He nodded, pushing her away, and running to his car, ignoring the familiar teal Honda and instantly speeding off to a nearby drugstore, hastily looking for his prescription of the doctor and almost shoving it in the paramedic's face.

--

"Hey! Is that you, Ross? Do you need a ride home?" A distant voice called.

Ross stood by his car, gulping three pills and glancing at the figure who called him.

Andrew.

Ross shook his head, extending his hand to his best friend from grade school.

He liked and hated how Andrew recognized him regardless how he looked like.

They just drifted apart, and it has been so long.

Andrew symbolized his happiness when life was still in favor of him- before fame came into the picture.

And for some reason, he just didn't want to be constantly reminded of that.

"So how's the celebrity life treating you? I haven't heard from you in ages!" Andrew exclaimed, not exaggerating anything- because honestly, it's been thirteen years.

With that, Ross froze, remembering the main reason why he isolated himself from the outside- why he wanted to go on a disguise in the first place.

He decided to do what he always did at situations like these.

He ran away from them.

And with whatever excuse he could come up with, he excused himself pulling the 'oh, I have to go trick', and after a few minutes of reasoning, he and Andrew ended up exchanging numbers as they bid each other a goodbye, and Ross sat by his car, for what it seemed like the millionth time, and turned the engine on, driving off after resting for a minute or two.

He sighed thinking of everything that happened today and his head throbbed.

He shook it off and hummed all the way home to a melody that has never been heard.

It was his own work.

--

Ross really hated running away from his problems. He often showed distaste to how weak and puny it made him seem like.

But what choice did he have?

So many things are passing through him too quickly.

And he needed to think things through, again.

He needed to breathe.

Ross then arrived at his house, quietly entering the front door and barging into his room to find Ryland seated on the carpet, having difficulty in trying to fold some sort of origami, perhaps?

He then sat on the opposite of Ryland, observing him, when Ryland noticed his presence, his eyes widened and he immediately kept the piece of paper behind him.

Ross looked into Ryland's eyes and saw fear present, and he wondered why.

To avoid an awkward tension, he gazed around his room, up until he saw a little piece of paper sticking out behind Ryland, his pillow cover.

His mood then darkened, approaching his younger brother, pushing him aside, and slowly picking the piece of paper that stuck out.

His hands trembled as his fingers skimmed across the thin piece of bond paper.

If this was the letter he thought it was...

He wouldn't know how to run away from it anymore.

__________________________________________________

Hey! Sorry for the inactivity, again. A family thing came up and I had to attend to it. I'm not that contented though because I wasn't able to update on all three books. I hope to be able to update on all three in the future.

QOTC: Top three favorite R5 songs from the 'Sometime Last Night' album?

AOTC: What You're Missing, Do It Again, and Can't Say I'm In Love

So what do you think is the letter about? (I know that there is more than one cliffhanger with this chapter, and I am so so so so sorry. Next chapters won't always be like this, promise.)

Comment

Knife: if you think it has something to do with Riley.

Scissor: if you think it has something to do with Annabeth.

Pistol: if you think it has something to with Ross' previous flings.

and

Fire: if it has something to do with a deep secret of Ross' past.

BTW, to those wondering, no, Ross is not mute. He has something going on in his throat that will be further explained in the next chapters, and as this is a Raura story, Laura will come in the picture soon, promise! There might be a difference between the brunette and Laura. I never said a name ;). It could be Maia or Courtney for all we know. (I feel so evil.)

In case you want to talk to me...

Instagram: @/captivatingraura or @/findingraura

Twitter: @/moonxdawsun

Well, I guess that's all! xx

Disney_AustinandAlly