III

characters will be ooc

will not be accurate to the lore

best read in black

lowercase intended

words: 6k

status:edited

⠂"'ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ʜᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ꜱᴀɪᴅ ᴛᴏ "ꜰᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ'" ꜱʜᴇ ᴄʜᴜᴄᴋʟᴇᴅ⠐

As you walked Lisa out of the door, a heavy sigh escaped your lips, and you sank into the nearest seat, positioned strategically in front of the entrance

As you walked Lisa out of the door, a heavy sigh escaped your lips, and you sank into the nearest seat, positioned strategically in front of the entrance. The whirlwind of emotions and events swirling around you left you silently thankful for the acting lessons you had undertaken in your younger years. Those lessons proved invaluable now, aiding you in navigating the labyrinth of this bewildering world with a semblance of composure.

Once the door clicked shut behind Lisa, you took a moment to allow the weight of the day's events to settle in your mind. As the reality of your situation began to sink in, a creeping sense of panic slowly unfurled within you. "What in the world did I do to deserve this? I was just trying to make a few extra dollars, and now I'm stuck in a different world where everyone seems to hate me for something I can't even control," you lamented inwardly, frustration evident in the cadence of your inner monologue.

A surge of resentment bubbled within you, particularly toward certain individuals, notably that duo of Amber and Lumine. "Next time I see them, it's on sight. Wait, no, scratch that. I'd probably get killed right away if I tried," you mused, a mix of determination and self-preservation guiding your thoughts.

Pushing yourself up from the seat, you made your way back to your room and collapsed onto your bed. The fatigue of the day's events weighed heavily on you, and soon, you drifted into a dreamless slumber. However, your rest was abruptly interrupted by a strange sound, followed by a knock on the side table. Startled and disoriented, you grabbed the nearest object within reach – your pillow – and swung it at the source of the noise. A groan followed, and in a moment of caution, you switched on the lights and cautiously approached the masked figure that had intruded into your room.

The figure eventually rose and let out a giggling response, "Hiii [name]! I'm the person who brought you here, cutie." Confusion swept over you as you tried to make sense of the situation. Still bewildered, you asked, "What do you mean?" With a flourish, the masked individual removed the mask, revealing a face that was eerily familiar – your own. Shocked and alarmed, you exclaimed, "What the... who are you?"

With an air of nonchalance, the mysterious figure responded, "My dear, I am yourself, of course! I brought you here because I realized the others were becoming a bit too attached, and I didn't want to be a part of their weird obsession. So, I switched with you." Your brows furrowed in disbelief as you asked incredulously, "Are you mental?" The figure simply popped the 'p' and shook their head, seemingly unfazed by your reaction.