VI

characters will be ooc

will not be accurate to the lore

best read in black

lower case intended

words: 1k

status: unedited

⠂ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɪꜰ ɪ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ?⠐

"

"hello! Welcome to Wanmin Restaurant. what can I get for you?" greeted a navy-haired girl with adorable braids that resembled little ears. flashing her a quick smile, Lisa placed her order for something intriguingly named "mora meat." You couldn't help but chuckle silently to yourself, thinking, "this place sure has creative ass names for their dishes."

A while later, you both left the restaurant

the charming restaurant had left you with a sense of contentment that lingered on your taste buds as you and your dear friend Lisa stepped out into the vibrant evening. The city's streets were alive with the energy of the night, and as you strolled leisurely, you relished the opportunity to catch up on the day's events. the hum of conversation and the peals of laughter from other diners who were also enjoying their evening added to the city's enchantment.

amid this symphony of sounds, your attention was suddenly captivated by a young girl seated on a nearby bench. her name, as you would later come to know, was Yanfei, and she was utterly engrossed in a hefty tome. the book was adorned with intricate characters that seemed to tell the story of a place called Liyue, a world that was foreign to you. the intensity of her focus was nothing short of captivating, and it piqued your curiosity in an instant.

unable to resist the allure of Yanfei's mysterious book, you and Lisa decided to approach her. as you drew nearer, Yanfei sensed your presence and looked up, gracing you with a warm and welcoming smile. it was at this precise moment that things took an unexpected turn.

without missing a beat, Yanfei began conversing fluently with Lisa in Chinese. her words flowed like a melodious river, their cadence and rhythm creating an almost hypnotic effect. however, there was a small but significant hiccup – you had no inkling of what they were saying. their animated conversation might as well have been a beautiful symphony with lyrics you couldn't comprehend.

standing there, caught in this linguistic limbo, you felt like an outsider in your own world. you could only speak German and had a smattering of English at your disposal, leaving you at a complete loss amidst the Chinese dialogues swirling around you. in your moment of befuddlement, you nudged Lisa gently with your elbow, turning her attention toward you. she looked at you with a quizzical expression as you shyly asked, "what are you guys saying?"