3. Caregiver

~Later that night~

Tyler drove as fast as he could, keeping eyes on the road. Jonathan was in the back seat holding Evan. His eyes we're drooping, all he could see we're colored blobs of blurry visions, but Delirious made sure he kept him awake. Tyler immediately pulled up to their home on the hills. Luke and Brian we're already waiting by the front door. Marcel opened the door, helping Jonathan carry Evan out of the car. He may be small but luckily Tyler insisted on helping him get inside the house. Both of them made sure to be careful of Evan. Tyler laid him on top of the kitchen table, as he did his work.

_______

Delirious walked into the bathroom. Placing both hands on the sides of the sink. He couldn't stop thinking about what just happened. With a sigh, he turned on the sink, grabbed a white cloth, lathering it with warm water. He slowly removed all the face paint, dried blood and dirt.
Leaving with a fresh clean face.

_______

After awhile, Tyler managed to stop the bleeding and take the bullet out with ease. Jonathan walked in to find everybody around Evan, shirtless. There were several bandages wrapped around his forehead, muscular arms and all around his shoulder blade, where he had been wounded. He could see visible scratches and scars from the last heist. The bruise on his right eye left a dark circle. He looked destroyed.

"This is all my fault..."

Everyone turned to Jonathan, his head was low. Luke placed a hand on his shoulder.

"No it wasn't, he was just trying to protect you."

"But...if only I'd seen the bullet coming..." he trembled, letting a tear stream down his face. Luke pulled him into a soft, comforting hug. "Shhh, it's okay buddy." he whispered, rubbing his back.

"What do we do now?" Brian asked.

"Is he unconscious?" Mini asked. The whole room went silent, they all turned toward Tyler. He responded with a nod. He pulled out a nearby stool and sat down. He took off his white gloves, now stained with red smudges, rubbing his face with his hands while letting out a sigh. He felt tired. Jonathan released himself from Luke's embrace, walking over to Evan. He placed a hand over him firmly.

"Well, our heist has been completed. For now, Evan needs bed rest, he probably won't wake up until tomorrow. But somebody needs to keep an eye on him."

"I'll do it." Jonathan said in a serious tone.

_______

Luke helped carry Evan upstairs and into his bedroom, he set him down gently, placing a blanket over him. Delirious came back with a bowl of warm water and a small rag. He placed it next to his nightstand, pulling out a small stool, sitting close to the man he cares so deeply. He soaked the rag into the water, squeezing out the excess. He folded it up and gently placed it on top of Evan's forehead. Evan mumbled in his sleep, he's seem to have squirmed a lot, sweat beads were dripping on his forehead, but Jonathan's touch seemed to calm him down a bit, knowing he was okay. The guys watched in amazement at Jonathan's actions, they way he caressed his head, touching his face with his small hands. It was....the sweetest thing, he was definitely something out of the ordinary. Luke smiled at his long time buddy, and pushed the guys away from the door.

"Come on guys, let him have his privacy."

_______

Midnight rolled by. Delirious sat for hours, rubbing his face with his hands, he waited for his love to open his eyes. He must be in a peaceful sleep. He admired the way how Evan's chest slowly raised up and down. It was good to know that he was now breathing properly. He feared for him, thinking about when he wakes up. He wanted to thank Evan for saving his life, but he also wanted to apologize, for almost killing him. He scooted his chair closer, holding his hand. He opened his mouth, thinking of words to say, instead, Jonathan leaned closer, placing a small kiss on his cheek.

"Evan...I'm sorry...I love you..."

He laid his head down on the side of Evan's bed, listened to the soft breathings of Evan and slowly cried himself to sleep.

_______

The rays of the morning sun had shinned down on Evan's face. His eyes opened a squint. He raised a hand covering his eyes, letting out a soft groan. He noticed the white bandages around his entire body. Evan turned his head only to find a sleeping Jonathan, fingers entwined with his. He turned to his side, struggling a bit to face him. He ran his hand through the top of Jonathan's head, caressing it softly. Poor thing must've been up all night. Jonathan's eyes fluttered open. They were dry and red from all the crying. Jonathan's blue eyes met his chocolate brown ones. Evan's smile just melted his heart.

"Hey." he said softly.

"Hey." Jonathan sniffed.

"You look tired."

"I am, you were badly damaged, so I took care of you last night."

Evan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He remembered holding Jonathan tightly like he was the last thing on Earth. And then....a realization hit him. A white flash banged through his head. He remembered now....Evan sat up on his bed, feeling a jolt of pain around his shoulder. He gritted his teeth making Jonathan raise to his knees.

"Don't do that! You'll only hurt yourself more." Jonathan gently laid him back down on the soft pillow then sat back down on the chair.

"Sorry."

"Why are you sorry? I'm the one that should be sorry. You nearly died out there because of me. If I hadn't known... that a bullet nearly killed you...."

Jonathans blue eyes filled up with tears.

"I would've been the one to take that bullet. So, go ahead, say it...I'm a screw up, I fucked up this heist. I let you down. I'm sorry..this is all my fault...."

Jonathan's chest hurt. He couldn't say more then ducked his head low, trying not to cry, clenching onto the bed sheets.

Evan felt sorrow. These feelings that Jonathan let out, was something he'd hardley shown. Why didn't he realized how he really felt? Had he taken things too far? He would never blame anything on anybody, especially Jonathan. To him, he was special. Evan looked back down at Jonathan, placing a hand on top of his.

"Delirious...."

Jonathan slowly opened his eyes, not wanting to face him.

"Come here." Evan patted the empty spot on the bed. He lifted his head slowly, sitting up. Afraid. He slowly sat next to him, Evan wrapped an arm around him, pulling him into an embrace. Jonathan's mind went blank. Was he dreaming? Why isn't Evan just getting mad at him?

"It's my fault."

Jonathan's eyes widened. He looked up at Evan, who stared at the ceiling.

"I shouldn't have pushed you too hard. I'm the one who should be sorry. But...like I said, it's my job, to protect you."

"Why?" Delirious whispered.

Evan leaned closer, giving a quick kiss on his cheek.

"Because I love you...."

Jonathan felt like he was dreaming, his heart pounded fast. He let out a sad smile. He wanted to just kiss him. Silence filled the room. Neither one of them spoke. Evan turned his head to look out the window. Admiring the early morning sky. There were hints of blue and a bit of purple outside. Jonathan too, admired the beautiful morning sight.

"Evan...I...."

"Shhh, just sleep."

Jonathan listened to the soft breathings of Evan. He slowly began to shut his eyes then slowly fell asleep.

_______

MiniLadd was the first to wake up. Why did he even bother getting up this early? He yawned, walking into the kitchen. He opened up the fridge and grabbed a bottled water. He rubbed his tired eyes. He found Luke, sitting at the bar, alone. Curious, Craig walked over to him.

"What are you doing up so early?"

"I couldn't sleep, so I stayed up watching movies."

Craig walked over and sat next to him. "Do you think the boss is okay?"

"I don't know, maybe he's still asleep. But it's okay." Luke let out a smile, turning to Craig.

"Because Evan has Jonathan."