4. Fear

It was now late afternoon. Evan woke first to the sound of birds chirping in the distance. He looked down to find Jonathan, wrapped around his smoothed bandaged body, sleeping peacefully. Evan quietly and softly got out of bed, without waking Jonathan. He pulled the blanket over Delirious planting a small kiss on his cheek. Evan stretched for a bit. He may feel sore for awhile but it was worth saving him. He took a quick glance to Jonathan, still asleep, in the comfort of his bed. He let out a smile, then whispered.

"Thank you Jonathan." Quietly closing the door behind him.

_______

It was Saturday, a day for relaxation and time off. Evan took small steps, coming down the stairs. He didn't like the feeling of slight pain that ran through his body. The smell of bacon and eggs soon caught his attention as he stepped carefully down the last set of steps. He peeked through the dark hallway. Ohm was helping Brian cook breakfast. Marcel served, handing each and everyone a plate. Evan leaned against the wall and gave a sad smile. Just watching the boys, talking, laughing and chilling out brought happiness to him. If only he could act more like the guys. He too would feel complete, along with Jonathan.

"Boss!"

Evan was caught off guard to Craig's voice shouting. The guys all looked up at him with smiles on their faces. Tyler walked up to Evan, escorting him to sit down on the comfy red sofa.

"Where's Delirious?" Luke asked. Evan only shushed them, glancing at the stairs. They all understood and nodded, making Evan smile.

_____

Everyone had finished up breakfast, Marcel helped wash dishes, Brian and Luke put the left overs away while others went back to their posts, making sure there were no missions or crazy crime going around the city. Evan just laid back on the couch, he felt bad for making everyone work, but it was normal.

"Evan, there's been some sort of commotion. We'll let you know everything when we get back. Just get some rest please?" Evan sat up from the couch.

Lui came out of the hallway, carrying a black backpack. The guys we're saddled up in their casual gear and headed out the door. Leaving Evan by himself. He wanted to check on Jonathan, but he promised not to disturb him, since he's helped him with his injuries.

The house grew quiet. A growling sound ran through his stomach.

'I haven't eaten anything all day, guess I should go make something.'

It was tough getting up from the couch, Evan needs to be careful when moving around too much.
_____

Jonathan soon woke up, eyes opening slowly, glancing at the empty bed space that was once Evans warm body. He was alone. He laid back down on the pillow. He nearly shut his eyes until the sound of braking glass nearly startled him.

'Evan'

Jonathan quickly got out of bed, grabbing one of Evans black shirts and pulled it over his head. He came downstairs to find Evan with a bloody hand, trying to pick up the pieces of glass one by one.

"Evan! You're bleeding!"

Evan couldn't speak. He looked up at Jonathan. Blue eyes wide as ever. Eventually, Jonathan managed to seal up the wound, wrapping the last roll of bandages. Evan just sat there, watching him. A face of sadness. Why did he feel so guilty? Now Jonathan might feel very worried about him.

"Just sit there, I'll clean the mess."

Jonathan left the room. coming back with a broomstick in one hand and a dust pan in the other.

_________

"What we're you trying to do?" Jonathan asked, sweeping up the remains of shattered glass.

"I was hungry and I needed a plate. I tried to reach from the cabinet, I felt my muscles being pulled and nearly dropped the glass. I caught it but then the plates ended up falling then...well.."

"It's 'aight Evan." Jonathan cut him off. "I understand. Just... next time call for help."

_______

The floor was finally glass free, Jonathan cooked some food for him and Evan. It was just them two, alone. Delirious had no clue where the guys were but it didn't matter to him. The only thing that mattered to him, was Evan.

Hearing his name made his chest ache, seeing that horrifying memory. The day Evan nearly....he didn't want to think about it. Evan took small bites from his food. He noticed Delirious acting strange, he had fear written all over his face. He placed his fork down

"Jonathan?"

The bang rang through his mind. Eyes shut tightly. He couldn't help but let the tears stream down his cheeks. Scared, Evan turned to face him, then placed both hands on his shoulders.

"Jonathan! Hey, what's the matter?"

"Evan...I need to know...."

"About what?"

Evan was even more worried than before.

Jonathan lifted his head up. His eyes we're shining bright from his own tears.
Evan's face was just... beautiful.

"I need to know....if you're okay?"

"I'm fine, why are you asking?"

Jonathan sighed deeply.

"Well... it's just...I had a bad dream...."

Evan sighed. He probably knew what he could have dreamt about. "Come here." Evan held his hand, dragging him to his bedroom. He sat him down on the bed then slowly wrapped his strong arms around Jonathan, letting his head lay against his chest. Delirious sobbed quietly. Making sure not to hold him too tight.

"Evan."

"Shhh...don't be scared, I'm right here."