Getting Familiar in The Netherworld (pt.1/2)

Quick author's note!

If you spot any spelling mistakes or have any constructive criticism on how the story is written (grammar-wise, and plot) then feel free to let me know in the comments! Thanks to any and all of you who has read this story!

——————————————————————

In a dark and ominous room, a storm makes itself heard as lightning flashes near the windows, momentarily shedding light near some weirdly formed cacti found on a windowsill.

"So today we perform the ritual for new students to summon their familiars," grumbles a voice, "you had better be prepared annoying twins", a mirror shatters just mere moments after the last words were pronounced, and the lightning reveals the faint outline of a purple-haired head...

——————————————————————

It is the morning after the Opening Ceremony, both of the twins woke up confused. They clearly aren't used to the Netherworld yet. Y/n rolls over in her bed half-asleep and burrows deeper into the sheets So comfy... wait... My pillows aren't usually red... oooh right, I'm now a demon's granddaughter...

The human groggily gets out of bed and opens the door to the shared part of the bedroom. Iruma was the one who got out of bed first this time, but you could easily tell from his eyes that he is just as dazed as Y/n. Before the two could greet each other, Sullivan bursts the door open "GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE AND SUN BUN! How are my adorable nuggets of grandkids today? Your adoring grandpa has arrived!".

The twins both flinch from sudden intrusion, but then politely greet their supposed grandfather. "Ah- uh.. good morning mister- I mean g-grandpa?", stutters Iruma followed up by the other human, "Good morning to you too..." she hesitates a bit,"... grandpa!". Sullivan seems to ignore those small details as he smiles to himself "Oh I just love the way that sounds! "
——————————————————————

Iruma Suzuki and Y/n L/n, age 14. Iruma's a pitiful boy who is sold off to a demon by his idiot parents. Y/n's a rather normal girl with a weird enthusiasm when it comes to demons, so much so that she willingly decided to stay in the Netherworld.

——————————————————————

The twins got changed and descended into the dining hall for breakfast where a large variety of demon food is served by none other than Opera. "Did the two of you sleep well?" asks Sullivan in the same cheery tone as before. "Oh- um yes" Replies Iruma, Y/n answers with a quick "Yep!". The girl thanks Opera before digging in, but her alleged brother hesitates a bit the food did  look a bit odd after all.

"No need to hold back eat as much as you'd like! You're both still growing after all. " Adds Sullivan, Y/n lifts her head from her food and pipes in, "Yeah Iruma, the food does take a bit of courage to try, but trust me, it tastes delicious! Don't you remember how you were scarfing down yesterday's breakfast?" she says, gesturing towards the other human.

Between the opening ceremony and the duel with Asmodeus, the fact that demon food is edible was one of the last things Iruma remembered from the previous day, but those words and his inability to refuse led to him taking a bite of the food.

His immediate reaction was of pure joy as he took in the taste.This might actually be the first time I've ever been able to savour a meal... This is delicious! I need to pack it in... while I still can! Thinks the boy as he stuffs huge amounts of food into his mouth. I think I might've accidentally awakened a bottomless pit, thought Y/n, watching him for a bit and taking a few bites of her own.