First year anniversary!

Three weeks and a year ago, my mother, friends and family told me to shut up about my Welcome to Demon School fan fiction ideas and instead actually writing the fic.

Three weeks later, a year ago, the first chapter was posted.

I had no idea that those first few hundred words that I wrote on the fly in the notes app of my laptop would lead me to this wonderfully, dizzying, amazing yet so damn painful, arduous, and tortuous process of writing this fic.

I thought that—like a good handful of my past projects— I would start, lose the motivation and then not come back to it for a day, which turns to weeks, which turns to months, which turns to another project laying dead and rotting in my drafts, never to see the light of day ever again.

But that didn't happen.

I had no idea that the mere subject of this story would cause 5 breakdowns. I had no idea that it would actually help me figure out a fraction of who I am as a half-formed adult. I had no idea about what I was doing. I still don't today.

I had no idea that for the next 365 days I would walk, skip, crawl, shimmy, limp, dance and drag my feet back to this story day after day to add something to it. Anything. It didn't have to be much. It didn't have to be marvelous, hell, it didn't even have to make sense.

I just had to have the consistency to come back to this website, to this blank page, to the story that had slowly started to stew in my head as it is still going with an open, roaring fire.

So, here's to one year of this story-stew's slow cooking process, and to how long some of you have stayed to witness it.

Seriously, thank you guys so much for giving this story your attention and your time. For all the readings lists this book has been added to, to the votes, the views all the way to your comments big and small.

I'll never be able to thank you guys enough in this lifetime for taking your time and energy to read this story. But I'll keep thanking you guys nonetheless.

It feels so surreal... it only hit me yesterday that today would be one year since I started this fic...

One year. 365 days...

If this fic were a human child, it would've started walking...

Oh god...

Here's to next year then!

-Author, or Arwen