[ First Fear ]

They were all looking at her.

Shocked silence filled the air. Onyxheart couldn't breath. She couldn't think. She couldn't see.
Then, all at once, Fernclan grew alive with wails of grief, comfort and tears.

"Onyxheart- don't panic- it's okay! Everything is okay!" Mothfang shouted over the panic. Onyxheart scanned the ground, trying to see through the mass of cats- some crowding around her in overwhelming comfort, some wailing over their own losses.
Confusion rose in her chest. Why were they comforting her?

The ground was littered with blood and fur- and she saw three dead on the ground. One, a brown tabby she-cat from the rebound. The next, not to far from jadewings den, as if she had been protecting it, was Leopardsong. And at the very edge of the camp, barely visible through the legs of her clanmates, was Speckledfoot.

Speckledfoot, her brother.

She let out a wail of sheer desperation, and her clan pushed closer. She felt like she was being suffocated by fur. She felt a heavy dread squeeze her racing heart. She felt too cold. She felt like she would pass out. The world seemed to spin around her, and she stumbled her way out of the group. Mothfang followed, and tried to herd her in the direction of the medicine den, but she just stumbled to the ground. She curled up in a ball, feeling fear and dread and doom press against her flank. Her body heaved. She couldn't breath, she couldn't see. She wailed again, and her clan grew louder. Her ears rung. What was happening? Was she dying?