[ Voices rising ]

"Now what?" She asked, flicking her paw away from the statue

"You invited me!" Lynxpaw said, her blue eyes narrowing to slits.
"Or where you just trying to get me away from Wolfpaw?"
Ravens shot across the sky, the pure blue darkening into an overcast night; Onyxheart's silence rang louder then the fat droplets of rain that beat down on her back.
"He's just such a-" Onyxheart mumbled, before getting cut off.
"YOU JUST DON'T LIKE THAT IM MAKING MY OWN DECISIONS!- well geuss what! Too bad! It's my life!" Lynxpaw screamed, turning and sloshing through the large puddles that had already formed. Onyxheart stayed silent, watching as Lynxpaw made her way back to Wolfpaw, bombarded by rain all the way. Moths nibbled away at her insides, but she pushed away the pit of guilt in her stomach and looked away. She'll come around. She's being ridiculous. Sighing, Onyxheart made her way home. Her paws indented the wet ground, and an annoying amount of water fell onto her head, as if in punishment. Not that I did anything wrong. Lynxpaw was just in a bad mood. Onyxheart trotted back to camp, shaking off rain and shame as she ducked under the tunnel of ferns. When she finally got through the soaked and dripping tunnel, every cat was either in the dens, or under a rocky overhang, enjoying the peace.

"Hey, Onyxheart. Weather sure changed fast, huh?" A friendly voice mewed.
Onyxheart looked towards the source of the voice- a slim black she-cat with orange eyes, sitting with her tail tucked neatly under her as she huddled under a rock. Onyxheart smiled, shaking rain off her pelt and ducking under the rock to join her friend.
"Yeah, it's pouring." She mewed. The she cat purred, watching as the drops slowed into a dark night.
"I heard Poppytrot saying Honeyfur's kits should arrive soon- maybe in the next couple days..." They sat like that for a while. Taking- or not- just watching.

"Batbrook?" Onyxheart asked.
"Hm?" She looked to her orange eyed friend. "Thanks. I needed that." She mewed. And it was true. The shame and the annoyance (and not guilt, not guilt) had faded. Batbrook just smiled, brushing her tail against Onyxhearts pelt. She purred, finally getting up to find her way to the warriors den in the growing darkness. Sleep weighted her eyelids, and she slipped easily into sleep, with only a bit of guilt nagging at her conscious.