[ Where the sky is ]

Darkness

Darkness. Where was she again? Her eyes felt open. So why was is dark? The warriors den always had moonlight pouring in through the ferns. Weird.

"Onyx."

Even weirder. No one she knew had such a nice, echoing voice. Nobody called her Onyx either.

"Wake up, Onyx." 

And then she was falling.

"Ah!" She exclaimed, jolting up. Wrong, wrong, wrong, her head screamed. Her dream had been so surreal, and the waking world was too much.
Stretching, she rose to her paws, stepping carefully out of then den, as to not wake her clanmates. Her fur was damp and uncomfortable, like a snake skin needing to be shed. She shivered and looked to the sky- hoping to see stars and the moon. Except there was nothing- no stars. No moon. No sky. It took a moment for her to realize what was happening. "Rouge!" She called, bristling. at that, multiple things happened. Honeyfur let out a wail of agony- Poppytrot burst into action so fast she looked like she was running from a fox, gathering herbs and instructing the kitting queen. Jadewing, their leader, shot back into his den to hide while Goldenflake led warriors into a thicket of fur and blood. It was also at this moment that the cat that had blocked the sky landed on Onyxheart.

"You'll pay for this!" The cat from the sky whispered in her ear. Onyxheart only snarled in response as she twisted around to knock the cat off. She whirled to face her attacker, a grey-green cat with shrunken eyes.
"Leave." She hissed.
"Never." The cat lunged at Onyxheart, her claws grazing her shoulder and digging into her back.
Onyxheart rolled, desperate to dislodge her attacker. The cat with shrunken eyes screeched and pulled her claws out before running to fight someone else- Onyxheart was pretty sure it was Anacondaclaw.

Onyxheart whirled and knocked over another cat blindly. She could tell by his scent- pine and dust- that it wasn't a Fernclan cat. She sliced at the Tom's snout, who promptly returned her attack with a blow to her already injured shoulder. She hissed at him, then quickly ran low towards his legs and knocked him over. Everything after that seemed to be a blur. She felt the moment when her mind snapped into place and all she could think was fight.

She watched as the last cat fled the scene, a bloodstained white tom with amber eyes, and closed her own eyes. They had won. They had always won, since the first time they attacked- the day before she was born. She heard it was a blood bath. But they kept coming and coming, picking off cat after cat- earning them the name the rebound.

She turned. Her clan mates were so quiet- surely they'd be louder if there had been casualties.

But when she turned, all she saw was blood gleaming of their pelts.