Chapter 6: i'll Never Understand

(Hasn't been proofread yet)

After many days of getting to know each other and hanging out a lot, Kazuha decided to take Kuni to Inazuma so that Kuni could show him some old places they went to. He hesitated for a moment but then agreed since he hasn't been back to Inazuma city in a couple of years already. He could show Kazuha all the places they went to when they were young though he doesn't want to see the Raiden shogun whatsoever. After they packed up their stuff they headed off to Beidou's ship to set off to Inazuma. Thank god the Shogun got rid of the horrid storm to Inazuma so no one would get injured.

Kunikuzushi's POV:

I don't know if she remembers me or not... What the traveler told me could have not been true at all since I was a failed prototype of the shogun puppet. why would she remember a useless piece of metal? I'm just a puppet.. a puppet with no heart, people don't consider me as a human.. just like my family...
.
.
.
.

It took four betrayals for me to finally understand:
the world is just an elaborate tapestry of lies.
my fury will never be quelled.
The first to betray me was a god, my creator... my mother. Valuing strength above all, she saw no worth in me, and I was discarded.

The second was a human, my family... my friend.
consumed by fear, he saw me as an abomination.

The third was one exactly like me. a hope for the future... a fledgling barely out of the nest.
powerless before his mortality, he broke his promise to me.

The fourth was my love.. though it wasn't his fault. he was a witness when his best friend Tomo challenged the Raiden Shogun to a duel. though then forgetting me because of my foolish actions of removing myself from existence.. even when he promised he wouldn't forget me.

Humans... they can't be trusted, and the gods fill me with pure loathing; so i said 'good riddance!'
I denounce the world and laugh in its face. my chest will never again be defiled by worldly filth. I will scrub away every last trace of human emotion.

Then it will be empty, a blank slate; and ready to receive a supreme gnosis, brimming with pure divinity.
.
.
.
.

Kazuha's POV:

When we set foot on Beidou's ship and got settled I noticed Kuni slowly dozing off and drifting into his own little world. He kind of looks like a porcelain doll.. his skin looks very soft, and so does his hair. what if I..
-
-

Kazuha slowly puts his hand on Kuni's head and slowly starts to braid some of the short pieces of hair. The white-haired male enjoyed the feeling of his hair, it was very soft for someone who was in the Fatui and caused a lot of bloodsheds. Though Kazuha sees Kuni as a young boy that was told the wrong information. he was probably lied to his whole life and manipulated by his misunderstandings of human emotions. Kuni quickly snapped out of it and noticed the white-haired male playing with his hair.

"H-Hey hands off!!" the indigo-haired male slapped Kazuha's hand away and put his hands on his head.

"Your hair is quite soft..  Apologies for not asking beforehand." The white-haired male chuckles as he puts his hands on his lap. He looks out to the beautiful ocean, The calm breeze and water are very calming to listen to. it almost made Kazuha want to recite Haikus.

Kuni's face quickly heated up and turned a bright red. he couldn't handle that compliment, especially from someone he dearly loved. but then he thought to himself... what's the point of turning red or having butterflies in your stomach if.. the person you love doesn't remember you? they might not even have those feelings anymore like they used to, they could be just doing this to make you feel better. This made Kuni's nonexistent heartache. he calmed himself and put on his hat to cover a bit of his face and turned away from Kazuha.