a goat called "tansnorffel"

Will brought Ben's hand to his lips while Ben watched with a lazy smile. The morning sun washed them in a warm glow, softening Ben's features. From under his lashes, Will studied his partner. He was a big man, jovial, grounded, and with the gentlest soul. He was a rock to Will's breeze. The way his eyes crinkled when he smiled, the stubble of his white-streaked beard. The freckles Will often traced like constellations in the sky.

"I don't want to get up," Will whined. Ben planted a kiss on top of Will's head and hummed.

"But the children need you," he teased back. His voice still carried lingering traces of sleep, and Will snuggled close.

"Ha, ha," Will said, smacking Ben's chest playfully. "I said that one time."

"Yes, you have such a hero complex," Ben laughed, pulling Will towards him for a kiss. "What if I need a hero?"

Now it was Will's turn to hum as he wrapped his arms around Ben. The kiss was tender, slow, promising more. "I can be your hero too."

"As my hero, I need you to stay." Ben rolled them over suddenly so Will was underneath. "To save me from myself."

Will closed his eyes as Ben leaned down to capture another kiss. He didn't want to leave the warmth of his bed or the comfort of Ben's embrace.

The familiar scent of spices tickled Will's nose. Ben smelled like aftershave and sharp body wash.

Will opened his eyes, and a strand of fiery golden hair tickled his cheek. Scarred lips with a perpetual smirk curled, and serpent-green eyes glittered maliciously.

"This is what you wanted, isn't it?" Loki purred, fingers trailing down Will's chest. Frozen, Will watched as Loki leaned in, their lips sparking when they touched. Then Loki's hands wrapped around Will's neck, squeezing until Will wheezed, scraping desperately at the choke-hold. "Give in to temptation, Will—"

Will awoke with a start, his heart racing in the confines of its cage. An aroma of spices teased his memory, and he swore he heard Loki's cackle in the wind. He pressed a hand to his neck, the ghost of the trickster's hold lingering.

Then he heard tiny voices.

"He's awake," came one voice. Familiar, though Will's mind was too muddied to determine who it was.

"Thor, Mr. P's awake."

"Mr. P? Are you okay?"

"You can't touch him, Deirdre. You'll hurt him."

"Mr. P, did you see the goats? They're so big. There's one called Tansnorffel!"

"That's not his name."

"It is so!"

"Alexandre, Mr. P can't see the goats."

"Thor says his owie probably hurts a lot... Mr. P, does your owie hurt?"

Focusing was difficult. The sky was too bright, and the ground jolted and rocked even with the lack of sun. The rumbling of wheels on gravel was loud, almost drowning out the small voices cluttered around him. Dancing in and out of the corners of his eyes were tiny faces blurred together. Snippets of traits popped out. Red hair. Black braids. A headscarf.

One particular bump and Will gritted his teeth, a whimper escaping. There were gasps and calls for Thor to stop the wagon. So, they were on a wagon. With Thor.

The pieces of memory started to click into place. Loki. Ragnarok. Betrayal. And now Thor.

The wagon stopped, protesting loudly as a large figure climbed aboard. Then a large, round face with a bushy red beard loomed over Will.