Chapter 2 Jaxx: I Can't

"What the hell!?" My mom screams over a broken plate she said she hated five days ago.

Jules has definitely sobered up now.

The last of the people who were at the party shuffled out the door, closing it loudly.

My father looks around coolly, his gaze landing on his favourite son, who is also secretly gay.

Jorden.

"What happened?" He hissed.

"It was just a small party," Jorden winces.

"And whose idea was it to throw a party?" His voice sends shivers down my spine and makes my skin crawl.

The boys share a look. They won't rat out each other.

"Mine." Jordens voice rings through the house.

My eyes frantically meet Jordens. Trust me, he mouths.

No I don't! I don't! I know how this will end!

"No Dad," Julian's voice echos Jordens, "I started the party."

Here we go.

"It was my idea." Jaze butts in.

Almost.

My father looks lovingly at his sons. "Okay, I guess since you're all being honest with me I'll let you off the hook." He then looks at me. "Jaxson, you're grounded for a month, give me your keys and phone."

And there it is.

It's always my fault, isn't it Dad?

"What!?" I yell, "I wasn't even apart of the party!"

"I know," he rolls his eyes, annoyed. "You need to get out more. But now you can't, so maybe in a few months."

"Dad, that's all little unfair, didn't you think?" Jaze cuts in.

Jaze coming to my defence. That's new.

"No Jaze, this is what fathers do for their daughters. You'll get it one day, son."

Jaze winces. According to one of Julian's drunken confessions, Jaze had explicitly said that he doesn't want kids.

Of course it's what Father Dearest wants.

My eyes narrow and Julian sends me a warning look that I ignore, because the words leave my mouth before I can I can think. Four words. "It was my idea!" I yell.

My dad smiles a twisted smile, making me stumble back.

"I knew it." He turns to the boys, "I know you love your sister boys, but next time tell me so I can properly punish the right person."

"Dad, she's just kidding," Julian looks nervous at Dads statement.

"Oh Julian, so sweet." Mom coos.

"Go upstairs and pack you things." My father says to me. "It's time for you to go. And you're cut off as well."

The fuck?

"I'm sorry what?" My breath becomes sharper.

"You heard me Jaxson. Pack a bag and get out."

What the living hell??

Once my brothers burnt a small abandoned building in the middle of nowhere. Their phones were taken away for a day. Barely a week later, I skipped a test because I was throwing up my guts. I was grounded for a month and my phone was taken away for double that.

This has happened all the time.

Why was I surprised?

Why was I shocked?

Why did I think for a second my brothers would try and stop Dad from doing this and protect their younger sister? They haven't before.

"Well?" Dad snapped-no, not anymore he wasn't my father, to me, he was just nothing.

I glanced at my brothers again. Would they help?

Jorden just stands there, unmoving like a soldier. Julian stares at floor, not saying anything. And Jaze, well he just looks at everyone and everything, except me.

"Wow," I gasp out, tears burning my eyes. I just gave up my entire life. For family who don't and won't ever do anything in return.

And it's all my fault.

"Fine."

I sped up the stairs, tears ready to breakdown. I didn't even have the energy to slam the door behind me. All I could do was pack.

Pack the important stuff. Every part of my life. The mementos. The memories.

When I was done I looked around my room. The only thing that remained were a closet full of clothes that I didn't even think about packing, and the pictures of us. The four of us. My brothers.

I didn't have the strength to bring them with me, nor the courage to rip them to shreds. I turned around, stepped down the stairs, and walked to the door.
I'll have to come back for the rest.

I looked back one last time and was met with a fist. I flew against the door with a loud crash and faced his murderous wrath.

Gasps and "Dad"'s rose from behind him.

"If you ever come back here again, I will finish you myself." He whispers.

He moved away from me and opened the door, "Goodbye Jaxson." He hissed.

I quickly looked back again as I stumbled up, picking up my two duffel bags. My face is throbbing. Mom is standing beside my wimps of brothers. Jorden and Julian had surprise and confusion in their eyes, Jaze looked ready to punch someone.

But they're still just standing there. I walk out the door and they're not following. All I can do is pull out my keys to car.

"Leave the car." He says.

I spun in anger. "It's mine!"

"I bought it!"

I saved every cent I had for my car. He bought Jorden, Jules, and Jaze's cars. Not mine.

I'm about to snap back when I notice his hand curling into a fist.

I freeze. I can't do it.

I drop the keys on the hood of my car, and leave.

I walk through the gates and turn down the street. I don't look back.

I can't.