Chapter 4 Jaxx: Little Warrior

I remember when he first called me that. When we were 14, we had some stupid fight and it just slipped out.

"You listen here Little Warrior, just because-"
"Excuse me?" I snapped.
"What?"
"You just called me 'Little Warrior', what does that mean?"
His face blushed red. "Nothing!"
"Well it means something!"
He blinked. "Kane means warrior."
"And?"
He looked to the ground. "You're little, so you know, little warrior."
"I'm taller than you!" I yell and storm out of his house, onto the street.
He's calling after me. But I can't hear because of the horn.
The car lights blind my eyes and-

I let out a squeak as the warm shower turned cold.

How long have I been in here?

I dried off and changed into a pair of Eleanora's (Nora, Navy's mom, the absolute best) old PJ's. I may or may not have forgotten to pack most of my clothes.

Including PJ's.

Fun times for young little old me.

I stepped out of Navy's bathroom and into his room. I hadn't noticed how many pictures and trophies he had when I first entered.

The pictures varied from him and his mom, to my brothers and him, to landscapes.

Who knew Mr. Named After A Colour liked taking pictures.

And who knew he was actually good at it.

I pick up the closest one. It was a sunset, but it looked as if it was taken from a balcony.

Did the St. Jameses' have a balcony?

I brushed it off and turned to the shelf beside his bed. All of his trophies were all hockey trophies, from first grade to tenth grade.

Ugh, the boys have a whole room filled with hockey trophies. Such an eye-sore.

"What are you doing?"

I spun at his words, my still wet hair flicking behind me.

Navy was leaning on the frame of his door, the smallest smirk dancing on his face.

"Hey-!" Shit. Excuse, Jaxx, you need an excuse. "I was worried one of my brothers would see me if I went to the guest room. So, I stayed here."

Not bad.

"Uh huh."

Anyone else would've believed it. Navy is just a lie detector. My excuse was flawless.

"You like it?" He asks nodding towards my hands.

I look down and see the sun set picture still in my hand.

Whoops.

"Yeah, I don't know had such an eye for photos." I say as I turn around to clip the picture back on the string.

He laughs. "I wish," I hear him walk closer to me, until we stand side-by-side, inches apart.

"These are my s-" he stops himself, "my older cousins photos. That one was taken in the town she lives in."

I thought Nora was his only biological family, none of his family ever comes out here. Unless I've just never met them...

"Nice." I say. "She's really good."

He softly smiled, "yeah, she really is."

We stood in awkward silence staring at Navy's older cousins photos.