Chapter 12

The rest of the day went relatively calm... Ivan kept his promise not to tell Lilian anything for now... and before they knew it they both were back home...

Ivan had a drink with Danil... he didn't prompt him to talk... Danil spilled it all on his own...

his brother listen to him attentively but said nothing, and Danil didn't need to talk further about the matter... He was pleased with the fact that no one with giving the matter much weight for now...

He retreated to his bed, and found he had a message from Lenard... which consisted of all the sick emojis on the Keyboard...

"Get well Soon..."

a ding came a bit too fast...

"I have to because I want to see you again..."

-----

Preparations for the small Dinner/Wedding - along with the fact they were having a child - were in full force, which meant that Ivan and Lilian were beyond busy... this presented the perfect chance for Danil to further not to be in the spotlight...

his brother knew and that was the most important thing, whatever happened from here on was anyone's guess...

Lenard did message a couple more times over the next few days to let Danil know how ill he was, and again that he was eager to see him again...

He was sitting at his desk, checking his schedule for the day, which was pretty empty - surprisingly -... maybe he could do some home visit... wouldn't it be too forward though... he would just keep it simple and leave right away... Lenard was only every other hour telling him that he wanted to see him again...

He asked his assistant to arrange for a basket of fruits and asked the man who drove his car that day to drive him again to the same location...

He rang the bell and a maid opened the door. She seemed to be a bit on the elderly side... and looked to be happy to see him...

"I am here for Mr. Lenard... I am a friend..."

"Come in, Sir... I believe you are Mr. Danil... He never stops talking about you, he would be too pleased... he was pretty miserable the last couple of days..."

"I am... sorry..."

"Oh, don't be.. but let me tell you... you are even more handsome than he says... "

Danil blushed...

"Oh lord, you are adorable... no wonder he lost his marbles..."

"Thank you, Ms...."

"Lena... call me Lena... I have been attending to Mr. Lenard since he was a wee little thing, I could only too gladly tell you all about that..."

Danil couldn't help but smile at the woman's warmth...

"Let me call him for you..."

"It's ok, he is probably resting... I don't want to be a bother..."

"none of that, He would jump out of bed once he realized you came to see him..."

They both heard a hoarse voice calling Lena...

"Who is there ?"

"Oh, only a certain Mr. Danil came to check on your ill ass..."

"WHAT ?"

She looked at flabbergasted Danil and smiled...

"Told Ya, I better go before he jumps off the stairs or anything... Take a seat and make yourself comfortable..."

Danil looked around the room, the place seemed classy with a touch of modern style... many memorabilia were scattered around, putting a personal touch on the place...