chapter 03

LILA

I woke up the next morning excited and nervous at the same time. I was looking forward to a new start, but on the other hand, I was nervous about starting at a new school.

There was no space for negative thoughts. I'm making a new start, and I want to do it the right way.

Getting up from bed, I rushed in the bathroom for a quick shower and then did my skincare before getting dressed.

After I was done, I changed into some denim shorts and a white tank top and put on my black sneakers. As for hair, I styled it into a ponytail, leaving a few strands fall in my face.

Lastly, I sprayed some perfume and headed out my room.

"Morning honey! Are you ready?" my mom greeted me as I got to the living room.

"Yup, all ready! Can't wait!" I smiled.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that! We should go. Dad is waiting for us in the car." she said and we headed out.

The ride to Wellspring as about three hours long, so I decided to take a nap, since I had woken up early.

"Honey wake up, we're here," I heard my mom say from the passenger's seat.

I opened my eyes and was met with my aunt's beautiful house, which was right above the sea.

The scenery was just beautiful. Trees and flowers everywhere, and the beaches all around gave it an island vibe. 

I got out of the car and saw my aunt on the porch waiting for us.

I ran up to her and hugged her.

"Welcome sweetie! You've grown so much, you're a real woman now!" she said hugging me back. 

I chuckled at her. 

"Well, it has been a couple years. You look great too aunt! You have aged like fine wine," I told her, throwing her a wink.

"Oh, aren't you as charming as ever? Just like your dad," she smiled and pointed to my dad.

"At least, she won't have any problems finding a boyfriend," my mom smirked.

My dad's smile was quickly replaced with a scowl.

"Hell no! No boyfriends! I'm not sharing my little girl with anyone," he said seriously.

"Dad, I'm not a little girl anymore. I'm 17," I sighed.

"Doesn't matter. You're still my little girl in my eyes," he claimed, ruffling my hair.

There goes my hairstyle.

"Alright, enough. We need to get going Myles and let Lila settle in," my mom said smiling.

"Right, well I'll miss you sweetheart. Have fun but be careful. And if anyone tries to hurt you, call me immediately," dad said.

I chuckled at his overprotectiveness. 

"I'll miss you too dad, but don't worry. I can take care of myself," I smiled, giving him a hug.

"I know. But I'm your dad and I have my worry rights," he smiled and kissed my temple.

"Well, my turn now. Goodbye honey, and don't worry, everything will go the way you want it to. Call if you need anything. And I mean anything," my mom said giving me a tight hug.

"I know mom and thank you. I'll come visit as soon as I can," I told them warmly.

"Well then, we'll be in touch baby. We believe in you," my dad said and they got in the car.