chapter 07

LILA

The rest of classes ran smoothly and without drama. Thankfully. I was glad I didn't have to face Amelia again.

Lunch time came by quickly, and I was glad to spend some time with Luca and get to know him better. 

He truly was an interesting person with a pleasant personality.

As I packed up my locker, I felt a presence leaning behind me.

Turning around, I faced with no other than Luca himself.

"Hey Ember, what are you up to?" he asked with a smile.

"My name's not Ember, Harrison. Did you forget it already? I feel hurt," I said faking sadness.

He rolled his eyes and spoke, "Of course I didn't forget you Lil. Ember means fire, and I thought it suited you perfectly. Since you're fierce and all," a smile plastering on his face at the last sentence.

"Hmm, I must admit it's smart. And I like it. I take it you'll call me Ember from now on?" I inquired smirking.

He smirked back.

"Well, I for one, think it's a great idea. It will be our own little thing, and I'll even let you get me a nickname as well. What do you say?"

I smiled. "That's a fair deal. Only, I'm not revealing my nickname for you. It must be a surprise,"

He pouted.

"Come on, how is that fair? I'm wounded," he clutched his heart.

I let out a little laugh.

"You're such a baby. But no, I'm not revealing it. I prefer seeing your face when you hear it unexpectedly," I stated.

"Fine, you do you. And I'm not a baby," he claimed proudly.

I took this as an opportunity to mess with him further.

"Okay yeah, maybe not a baby. A toddler though for sure," I shot him an amused look.

That's when he leaned in closer and started tickling me furiously.

I started laughing loudly, not being able to control it. He was way too good.

"Luca no! P-Please l-let me go! I can't handle this any longer," I laughed but he wouldn't budge.

By now, the halls from empty were full again, since students were gathering their things and Luca and me, well, let's say we were the center of attention.

"No, I won't. Not until you take back what you said and admit that I'm a grown man," he said tickling me harder.

"I'm sorry, no can do. My parents taught me to never lie," I remarked, understanding that I was screwed.

"What was that Lil? Now, you're getting it," he said, picking me up and placing me on his shoulder.

I yelped at the notion and proceeded to hit his back, but to no avail.

"Luca, what the hell are you doing?! Put me down! People are watching us," I yelled at him, hitting his back repeatedly, but got totally ignored.

"So what? Let them watch. You're the one who doesn't give a damn about what they say. Let's give them something to talk about," he replied, maintaining his strong grip on me.

No matter how against my judgment was on this thing, I must admit, a part of me wanted to make an impression on those people, and to top it off, I would love to piss Amelia off.

She should have not messed with me and my friends.

"Fine, you convinced me. Lead the way carrier," I smiled at him.