chapter 3 "by the way, which ones pink?"

It been about three days. They've been making me clean out their horses stalls. They haven't hurt me or threatened me. I say threaten lightly. They said tonight I have to go somewhere with them. I think now that they used me they'll kill me. I haven't been too scared. I've been Fed alot. I finally have strength in my arms. I remember when I would do stupid jobs for store clerks at restock, they would fire me because I physically couldn't do much. This is an upgrade. I do not get paid, but I get fed. I'm grateful.

I was watching a blonde haired boy try to pull a wild horse out of a trailer. The horse was giant. The horse was white with a black almost shaped heart on its thigh. I watched as he struggled. I slowly put down my shovel and wandered over.  "Can I help"

"I don't think so little lady. This thing will whip you across the world" he laughed.

"I've controlled plenty of wild horses in my life. I can help"

"If you wanna take a wack at it go ahead. But I'm warning you" he panted as he struggled.

I stepped away taking the horses reigns and getting as close as possible to the open gate. I made a whistle/click almost purring sound. The horses ears perked up. I did it once more. The horse came bucking like crazy but he entered the pen. I quickly shut the fence climbing over it to get out. I sat on the gate.

"How did you do that?"

"I once was put on a man's ranch when I was younger. He forced me to train dozens of horses for nights on end, with no food, no water. So Id do anything to just be able to leave the place"
The man leaned on the fence "what did you do to get there to being with?"

"I stole from his grocery store. It wasn't the best decision but I was starving"

"How did you get out?"

"I um.."

"Kid!!"

I looked behind me at rip. "Did I say it was fucking break time!?"
I looked back at the blonde man. "I'm sorry. I gotta go" I hopped down off of the gate.
"It's my fault Rip! I asked for her help!" He says

"Well don't do it again! She's busy!"

"Names Casey by the way" he held out his hand. I took his hand as I looked up at him. "Im...uh.. it's nice to meet you Casey"
Casey nodded at me as I swiftly got back to work. "Don't disobey me again or you will find yourself hung you hear me!?" Rip remarked. I nodded anxiously as I fiddled to get my grip back on the shovel.

......

The very large bell rang. The dinner bell. I looked around as the mens body relaxed and stretched. They cleaned up their things and headed inside. I stood in the clean pen.
"Come on honey. Days done" Lloyd says.

"Should I just start another pen?"

"Mondays problem baby. Come on eat dinner"

I put the shovel away then looked back at Lloyd for reassurance. "Come on" I followed him inside.

"You know I think I thought of a name for this broad" Colby says.
I glanced over as I washed my hands.

"Girl"

"Wow. So cool" Ryan rolled his eyes.

"What you guys don't like that?"

"That's not a name kid" Lloyd says as he eats. "Neither is kid but that's all we call her! Is she even a fucking kid!"
I sat down as they looked a me.
I shrugged my shoulders as I picked up my fork.
"You have to at least know the year you were born"

"I don't know."

"Can you say anything else than I don't know or a shoulder shrug" Colby teased.
I shrugged as I took a bite of food.
"Have you ever drank whiskey?" Ryan asked
I nodded. "so you're over twenty one"
"When I was still in diapers the most popular song on the radio was George strait and Shania Twain"

"Oh yeah! 90s baby for sure" Colby says with a mouth full.

"I like when you speak" Ryan laughs as he inhaled his food.

"Her name should be Miranda. Miranda Lambert" Lloyd replies.
I look at him with a grossed out face.

"That bitch didn't even need to speak. Lloyd. she called you an idiot with her eyes" jimmy snorted.

I laughed softly. "Ain't that laugh the cutest!" Lloyd remarks as. He sips his beer.
I sit criss cross at the table poking at my food.

"Now who's your favorite singer?" Walker asked as he sits on a backwards chair.
I think for a moment looking at my food.
"Pink Floyd definitely" I say as I take. A bite. They look at each other.
"Okay is she in her twenties or 70s" Colby snarks.
"I worked at this store where all the owner would play were records. So I liked them"
They nodded as they stayed quiet for a moment. Rip stood up from his seat grabbing a beer from the fridge. He took a heavy swing and pointed at me. "Pink it is"
I glanced up. "But that's Colby's moms Nick name. Pink kitty. Pink is for short" jimmy snorted

"I'm gonna beat your fuckin ass" Colby laughed aloud into his food.

"I like pink. It fits you." Lloyd nodded patting my shoulder.

"It's very soft and fitting for you"

I shrugged. I didn't care what they called me. As long as I got a meal and a bed, I didn't care.

"Alright. Eat up. I've got something to show you pink." Rip exclaimed as he wandered outside the door. I was nervous. Everyone kept looking at me everytime he said they had to take me somewhere that night. I didn't know what they were gonna do. I felt pressure in my stomach as they watched me. I felt like something awful was gonna happen. I think tonight is the night they're just gonna off me.