Seven

"Mom?" Bryce asks me as we stare at the sky on the RV while the humans sleep "Do you think we could go someplace safe? A place without walkers?"

"I don't know, baby" pulling Bryce to me "how was searching for the Cullens?" Bryce before was out wanting to find the Cullens to see what is going on with them while being hidden. It's been a few months, I honestly got worried so I was close to trying to find her using powerful magic that would  he out my out for days but didn't since I know my daughter.

"Their in Italy" I raise my eyebrow "Aro wants all vampires there, he didn't sense me" Bryce like her birth mother is a type of shield where she can hide her mind from telepaths but also trackers and visions from Alice but she also can sense danger "but he wants all vampires there and any humans alive to be brought"

"Let me guess" whispering "breeding camps?"

She nods her head "He's having vampires with a medical degree harvest eggs from human women, then fertilizing them—some of the vampires there think it's inhumane but won't do anything since Aro has a vampire that can make edible blood from walkers. Similar to what your doing but not as tasty"

"The wolf shifters?"

"Aro took the La Push shifters, has them be used for guard for the humans" she tells me "he's having trackers look for us" turning my head, I raise my eyebrow "as I said, he wants all vampires under his rule" shaking my head, I kiss the top of my daughter's head.

"No matter what baby" rubbing her arm "mama is here"

"What do you think of the humans?" She looks over to Shane who is on guard, he has his gun looking around but his focus is mainly on us "especially that one?"

"Not a fan of that Shane, he's a dirty cop—I just know it" looking up to the sky "after we get the truck, we bring back some off the supplies I took then we head out and find a place to call home"

"And the humans?"

"Let's bring them with" I don't know why, maybe it's my motherly side wanting to protect these humans or maybe it's that I don't want Aro or any nomad vampires to find them and use them in some breeding camp or as slaves—but what I do know is that humans are scarce now a days and need to be protected "we build a fortress, one made of stone around a village before we decide what to permanently do"

"What about the other supernaturals?" Bryce asks "I mean...will they ever come back?"

"The supernaturals from what I heard took about two thousand humans. Half males half females, some witch figured out how to get rid of the virus in the people" I whisper to her so that no one else hears "I've talked with some of my contacts in the traditional vampire community and they told me that if I want to start a colony or some shit here in our fucked up world I can but I need to prove that the community can last for a long time—then some witches will come and help out. Our world has talked and they all have agreed that they are sick and tired of hiding from humans"

"Aro won't like this" she says "that his race isn't even being helped"

"It's his own fault" I cut her off in her soon to be rant "he wants power, he doesn't care about the survival and even if he did he only cares about himself"

"The traditional vampires" she asks "would they be open to inviting cold ones vampires"

"They would" nodding my head, my contact told me that the leaders of the traditional vampire race said that they will bring cold one vampires or any hybrid that is part cold one into the Dominion. How I was told was that the planet was split up, like in the Hunger Games with the districts or like Divergent with the different factions and how their places. That is what I was told is going on "as long as Aro isn't in charge"

~Next Day~

"Mommy" I hear some kids screaming, grabbing my knife I run to find a walker eating up a deer. Pulling it off, I stab it in the head.

I go to the side as the men of the camp start to beat it with their foot. Men, no matter how old I get men can still be idiots

"It's the first one" Dale motions to the dead walker when the men are done being idiots "we've had up here, they never come this far up the mountain"

"Their hungry" they look at me "which is why your camp needs to find a permanent solution"

"Oh yeah?" Shane demands "and you've got one?"

"Find a town" shrugging my shoulders "that is big enough for everyone here and possibly more, put a wall up around it and create a new town" they stare at me like they haven't thought of that. Idiots.

We hear branches crack and look over to see another human—sandy skin, dark hair and dark eyes—he has a bunch of squirrels with him. "Son of a bitch!" The man exclaims going over to the walker "that's my deer! Look at it, all gnawed on by this...filthy, disease-bearing" he kicks the walker "motherless poxy bastard!"

"Calm down son" Dale suggests "it won't help"

"What do you know about it, old man?" He demands going over to Dale but is stopped by Shane "why don't you take that stupid hat and go back to 'on golden pond'?" Turning to the deer "I've been tracking this deer for miles" pulling arrows out "gonna drag it back to camp, cook us up some venison. What do you think? Do you think we can cut around this chewed up part here?"

"I would not risk that" Shane says

"I could" they look at me "do some magic, a minor thing to get rid of the infection"

"No" Shane shakes his head "no magic"

"Who's this?" The new person points to me

"Phoenix" Shane points to me "she's a freak like her daughter"

I look at him showing as he has a smug face "I don't have to help any of you humans, to me your lives go by like that" snapping my fingers "if you don't want my help, fine—but don't think you are better than anyone else cause your not" I call out "Bryce! We're leaving!"