Nineteen

"He's a vampire?" Rick asks looking at Demetri, we have just recently got back from scouting that place called Woodsbury. The humans are all on guard with Demetri here.

"I am" nodding his head "Phoenix explained to me how things work around here and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have from me"

"Mom?" Bryce comes over "where's Glen?"

Do I lie? Do I lie? "He's currently been kidnapped along with Maggie" her eyes widen at my words, I see Demetri raise an eyebrow at me.

"I'm sorry?" Hershel asks "but did you just say my daughter has been kidnapped?"

Nodding my head "There is this community called Woodsbury, more humans but it's filled with women and children. Our first priority should be getting Maggie and Glen back"

"I can get them" Demetri offers, they look at him "vampires are faster and stronger"

"Once we have Maggie and Glen" I say "we need to survey this community, see if they pose a threat. Any of them, if not then we offer to join our communities together and move north"

"While we spy on these people" Rick says "I want this vampire to be thoroughly questioned, no offense but given what we heard about what your kind is doing to humans"

"I completely understand" nodding his head

"We can get started" I say "with the questions, have that be taken care of right away" nodding their heads, everyone is around us as we ask Demetri a series of questions. He tells us the answer truthfully and honestly.

"How many children" Dale asks "have been born? In your city? Who is taking care of the children? What are your views on what he is doing?"

"About forty human babies have been born" he tells us "Aro is turning the humans he has into livestock, the vampires who drink animal blood are taking care of the children. I view this as inhuman, it was one thing having a vampire make blood from the zombies edible but to make humans be farm animals? No"

"Why don't you leave?" Rick asks

"Before I wasn't given an option like many others" he says "before not many liked living under Aro's rule but now? We can't stand it but it's difficult since there is this vampire who can manipulate bonds"

"Manipulate bonds?" Lori asks

"Relationships bonds" clarifying "Chelsea is her name and Aro is having her worked to death essentially. She can manipulate relationships such as a couple who has been together for years, she can break it in seconds"

"If you had the option" Rick asks "would you do what Bryce and Phoenix do? Still drink from the walkers but the blood Phoenix makes? Help keep us humans safe and create a better world?"

He nods his head after a moment "I would"

After some silence Bryce cuts it by saying "Great! Now let's get my boyfriend and Maggie!"

"She's right" Hershel agrees

"We also" I say "have to potentially deal with the leader of this group, he or she might not be so amiable"

"Where was this community?" Charles asks

~Bryce's POV~

"Let's go at night" Demetri suggests to me, I nod my head as we are outside of the camp. I pace around as I look inside "your different from Renesmee"

Stopping, I look at him "You know my sister?" I've always been curious about them, but now? Maybe I can learn a bit from Demetri.

He nods his head "Tried to seduce me along with her mother, your birth mother"

"What's she like? Bella? Renaissance?" I ask

He resists the urge to laugh "Everyone calls her Nessie much to Bella's anger, we do it since it pissed her off. We also call Bella, Isabella. Both mother and daughter are whores, spoiled"

"Is it true" I ask "that they want me?"

Nodding his head "but only to harvest your eggs, turn you into breeding machine since your more human" of course they do "know that your mother loves you very much, will do anything to protect you"

"I know" nodding my head "she told me how she saved me when I was born"

"What I mean" he says "after meeting her and you, Caius wanted her dead. You too, some of the lower guard died because your mother killed them. She even killed her aunt, Caius's mate" I did not know this "left a message too. Try taking the one I love from me, I do worse"

"I was always curious about that day" I say "the day everyone met me, mom told me that something was different?"

He nods his head "The day everyone met you, your birth mother showed her true colors and tried to kill you saying your the mistake—but it was what you did that shocked everyone. Your powers were displayed, you protected yourself. You have both mental and physical powers"

"What was the physical power?" I ask

He looks at me confused "You don't know" shaking my head "you were able to manipulate her heart, make it so that it bested again and she soon went through the burning pain again of transitioning"

"Really?" I ask

He nods his head "It was both scary and confusing, many vampires actually thought you to be our savior. Help those become human again" nodding his head to the wall "it's becoming dark, best go now"

He picks me up, he then runs us inside of the compound. We are in the shadows inside as the humans all look around.  Demetri leads us inside to where my boyfriend and Maggie is.

Once we are in here, we open the doors and I run to Glen gasping at what happened to him. He's all beat up, while I see Demetri in the doorway with Maggie who is beaten and has multiple male scents on her. Oh god, why did they do this? Are these really the people who mom can let into our settlement? Demetri and I run out then, we go through the back since there aren't that many people there.