𝖎. 𝖋𝖆𝖎𝖗𝖞 𝖙𝖆𝖑𝖊

"I see a dream inside my eyes, you are the dream inside my eyes. I'm living a fairy tale."

- 'Fairytale' (Dreamcatcher) -

𝖎. 𝖋𝖆𝖎𝖗𝖞 𝖙𝖆𝖑𝖊

ABANDONED ORPHANAGE
11AM.

A long-haired woman tied up in a ponytail, holding a white bouquet of white camellias walked amongst the field of flowers, a mixed of roses and camellias. She had arrived at the location to approach the abandoned orphanage that lies at the very end of the field of flowers where she spots the gate from that distance alone, or maybe she just has a great eye-sight. It was her birthday today and the orphanage was a place she used to belong to, you would think she had some sort of attachment but she's simply taking a trip down memory lane. The orphanage has nothing to do with her and memories with it is nothing but the past that still hovers.

Her fingers touching the edges of the many flowers while she continue her approach towards the gate of the orphanage, taking her sweet and precious time to appreciate the landscape. Everything still looks the same. She thought to herself. The flowers are dancers twirling in the wind accompanied with butterflies fluttering around her, a rainbow casting across the sky which caught her eye. The garden full of flowers represents that it is a gift by god, the beauty of nature, that is. But, sometimes, people don't appreciate it.

"It's like a fairytale -- but all fairytales comes to an end."

The flowers that surrounded her slowly starts to wither the closer she approaches the gate. Withered flowers were similar to decrepit old men, every step she takes, a flower wilts and the fluttering noises from the butterflies becomes erratic -- sometimes they depart from this life as well. She finally reached the gate, she turned around to watch two polar sides of the garden: life and death -- the first half of the garden from the beginning was full of life and the sun was ablaze vibrantly while the second half until the gate was dead as a doornail, darkness fell upon them and lost everything that made them lively in the first place.

She reverted her focus on the orphanage infront of her, viewed from the gate. The orphanage was in a terrible condition after the incident nine years ago and the institution that once stood upright crumbled to dust in an instant, it now lies rubble and dust. A sense of mockery and resentment was hinted in her voice, "Oh, how much I truly missed this place and the memories I made." The woman in question was Sana, prior to arriving at a secluded location, she had sent a letter to someone.

"Many people died here. I remember it all too well. I mean," Sana giggled to herself. "I do have hyperthymesia, of course I remember everything, silly me!"

She vividly remembers everything that happened, on the day of the incident. It happened on her birthday, quite a misfortune, isn't it? Life truly has never worked out for her, maybe sometimes it did, but most of the time, the answer is a plain 'no'. She closes her eyes to recall back the memory of the past. The sight of bright red flames that set ablaze everywhere around the institution, the screams from orphans and professional staffs echoed in her mind but her memory is rather blurry to say the least -- she remembered standing there still with a slight smile creeping up on the edges of her lips infront of a painting of a lamb that became the fire's next victim. The fire gathered around the institution, blazing out through various openings, vents and she imagined the flames to represent a phoenix rising from it's ashes behind her.

"It all went wrong that day. I've heard that the fire was started by the director after he carelessly discarded his lit cigars or something to do with the director I supposed." Everything went into complete chaos and she watched people perished one by one. "If only that was the case. Poor, director, didn't know any better."