𝖎𝖛. 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖔𝖎𝖆

"Strange how paranoia can link up to reality now and then."
- 'A Scanner Darkly' (Philip K. Dick) -

𝖎𝖛. 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖔𝖎𝖆

CITY
1PM

"They are surely taking their time." XTEEN mumbled under his breath while he washes the dishes in distress while Number 2 simply watches from the side since she was the one who cooked for them both after all. "We managed to finish our lunch before my sister and that girl arrive."

"Heh, looks like they abandoned you~You got your hopes too high, Hyuk." Number 2 replied with a slight grin appearing on her lips while she decided to help him wipe the plates and cutlery. XTEEN's real name is revealed to be Son Hyuk-hwan. The sounds of train noises behind the building they are in was evident that they are in a city.

"Or maybe they are having a hard time finding the location of our old house which is in the middle of nowhere, Yunhee." XTEEN made up an excuse while Number 2 whose real name is Jo Yunhee stared at him in pure disbelief. Baffled at his lame response, "Yeah, yeah, we are in the city with busy streets and subways, it's totally in the middle of nowhere, Hyuk."

XTEEN sulked in a prankish tone, indicating he's just having fun. "Can't you play along with my joke? We've been inseparable friends since childhood, Yun."

"Nope!" Number 2 smiled before flicking XTEEN playfully on the forehead softly.

"You're a mean woman."

"You should know that by now!" Number 2 simply stuck her tongue out in retaliation. The sudden change in mood was transparent. "But, what are we going to do with Red Camellia, Hyuk? You know how their presence is affecting us, right?"

"I'm still thinking about it. But, we shouldn't worry too much." XTEEN looked at Number 2 straight in the eyes before putting his hand on her shoulder gently. "Their leader will make a move, possibly targeting my sister and her friends. Why do you think I called them to meet me, Yun?"

Number 2 quickly got the gist of it. "Yep, I got it. But isn't it harsh to use your own sister to gain information?"

"That's what I need to do if I want to protect her. If I deal with Red Camellia first, she won't be in much danger. Plus, I already sent out Number 5 on a mission." XTEEN mumbled, the tone of his voice indicates his affection and desire to protect his younger sister as the older brother. He smiled at Number 2, "Besides, you'll help me out, right?"

"You should know the answer, don't be dumb, Hyuk." Number 2 looked away from his gaze in embarrassment, with a smile on her lips but unable to stare at him in the eyes, "Besides, we've both been stuck with each other through thick and thin. I care for you a lot, Hyuk."

He moved his hand from her shoulder to her head, moving his hand up and down, representing a headpat -- still with a happy-go-lucky smile surrounding the edges of his lips. "Yeah, me too. I really trust you, Yunhee."

Number 2 calmly grabbed his hand and gestured for him to pull his hand away, still didn't look at him in the eyes but to the side. "I think we should go now, to meet your sister and the penguin-looking one."

He was too deep in his thoughts, pulling his hand away and pulled his head to the side, laughing it off. "Yeah, right! I totally forgot about them!"

"We were just talking about them."

"Well, I was a little too absorbed in our conversation about us."

TUNNEL
1:30PM

Mina and Chaeyoung agreed to meet XTEEN, maybe except Chaeyoung who reluctantly agreed to meet her brother who she harbors a deep-seated hatred because Mina said so. Mina and Chaeyoung arrived at the designated meeting spot, which was a tunnel, a dark tunnel, that is. The tunnel was known to be a popular spot for teenagers to hang out, but it was also rumored to be haunted.