Chapter 14: Hotspot #3

"So we're just gonna let Anissa walk out of here alone?", TC asks, "Wardog is still out there".

"And with any luck, they won't run into each other, because if they face off, one of them isn't coming out alive, and if Anissa is this determined, someone's gonna be burying Wardog", Jenn replies.

"I think someone should stop her", TC states.

"We tried, there's nothing else we can do", Brandon says.

"You can keep trying", TC says, "I mean Jenn talked you out of it, and clearly Khalil had some persuasive words from somebody to not want to do it".

Khalil and Destiny look at each other.

"We just need to find that person to talk Anissa out of it", TC states.

Everyone looks at Grace. Grace takes a deep breath.

"Look, Anissa is grown, and she's gonna do what Anissa wants to do. We can't stop her from leaving but we can prevent her from killing Wardog", Grace says.

"Wait, so we're gonna protect Wardog now?", Destiny asks.

"We?", Jenn asks turning to Destiny.

"Well I mean, I've been here this long, the least I could do is help", Destiny replies.

"Is that okay with everybody?", Khalil asks.

Everyone shakes there heads yeah.

"Sure, yeah, whatever", Grace starts, "But we're not protecting him, we're protecting Anissa from doing something she'll regret".

"But her just being out there is dangerous", TC replies.

"TC, I've said my peace with this situation, let's just leave it alone for now please", Grace says taking a deep breath.

Grace turns and walks back to her room. TC shakes his head and walks into the sanctum. Still in the room, Brandon, Jenn, Khalil and Destiny stand looking at each other.

"So what have you two been up to, coming in at the crack of dawn", Brandon jokes.

"Nothing, just needed some air", Khalil says.

"For 9 hours?", Jenn asks.

"You clocking us?", Destiny asks tilting her head.

"Like a pocket watch", Jenn says stern faced.

Khalil and Brandon look at each other then at Jenn and Destiny.

"We just like to make sure our team is good, you know, watch their back", Brandon says.

"Oh okay, all this team watching and I didn't even get a warm welcome", Destiny says.

"Welcome to the team", Jenn says walking off.

Brandon chuckles and follows behind Jenn. Khalil and Destiny walk in the kitchen.

Across town Anissa arrives at her old apartment. She unlocks the door and walks in. She searches for a light switch but can't. Suddenly she smiles.

"Shonda....", Anissa says talking to her Artificial Intelligence Security System.

"Hello, Anissa, how may I assist you?", Shonda asks.

"Turn on the lights", Anissa replies.

The light flickers on.

"Anything else Anissa?", Shonda asks.

"Actually, can you run the name Wardog through your system and see if you can pick up anything for today", Anissa asks.

"Just a second", Shonda says.