Chapter 15: Reunited

Anissa aims her gun at Wardog. Wardog charges at her. She shoots but misses. He kicks the gun out her hand then kicks her in the stomach. She stumbles back but keeps her balance. She inhales and runs up to him. He swings and she grabs his arm and throws him across the room. She picks up her gun and walks up close to him once again. While on the ground he grabs a serving tray off the floor and knocks the gun out of Anissa's hands. He then throws the tray at Anissa and jumps up. Anissa blocks the tray.

"Screw This", Anissa yells pulling out two blades.

She runs up to Wardog slicing and dicing. Wardog dodges must of the hits but still manages to get cut a few times. On Anissa last swing he grabs her arm and snatches one of the knives. He then uses all his force and pushes her across the room. When she hits the ground she picks the blade up off the ground and throws it at Wardogs head. When the blade is nearly an inch away from Wardogs, something off from the side comes flying at the blade melting it completely before it even hits him. Anissa and Wardog turn to see what caused it.

At the hole in the door Dionte and Erica stand, Dionte holds his hand out ready to throw another fire ball.

"Great, there's more", Wardog says.

Suddenly everyone finally regains their ability to move and begins standing up.

"Leave while you have the chance", Erica says.

Wardog looks across the room and smiles. He holds up his hand and his team begins evacuating the building.

"Oh we will leave, but we will meet again, most likely when you're coming to retrieve your rouge teammate". Wardog jokes walking out.

Everyone turns and looks at where Anissa was.

"He took Anissa", Grace says.

Grace tries to run after him. Dionte grabs her at the door.

"Don't bother, you've been paralyzed for so long, none of you have the energy to fight right now and I noticed more of Wardogs crew in the plane outside", Dionte says.

"We're outnumbered", Erica says.

"So what, I'm just suppose to let Anissa get taken", Grace asks.

"We'll find her", Khalil says.

"You better hope so", Grace says walking out.

Grace takes a deep breath and walks out. The crew follows and heads back to the hideout. Jenn stops at the door and turns around.

"Oh yeah, Freeland PD is on their way to send you all to a new safe house", Jenn says to the metas before turning and leaving.

Back at the hideout, TC, Erica , Dionte, Jenn, Brandon, Khalil, and Destiny sit in the living room.

Erica and TC snuggle up together on the floor.

"I missed you", TC says to Erica.

"I missed you too, everyday I was thinking about you", Erica replies.

"And she does mean everyday", Dionte says laughing.

"Shut up", Erica says nudging him.

Everyone laughs.

"No seriously, how was it, tell us everything", Jenn says.

"Well, it was actually pretty scary, the crisis they're fighting is not at all safe", Dionte replies.

"What's the crisis?", Destiny asks.

"Many super-humans and metas have rapidly started to disappear", Erica says.